Sr. Art Director
Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity, contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. Some remote opportunities are available within specific departments. There are also roles that require being on-site full time. You’ll learn more about this during the application process.
Working under the strategic direction of creative director, responsible for the design integrity of marketing communications, strategies, campaigns and programs. Provides art direction/graphic design, development of brand creative concepts and seamless execution. Personally, works on the graphic development of key brand(s) campaigns and programs. Teams with copywriters and other creatives to develop creative concepts and more. Works with Project Managers to understand creative assignment, timeline and budgets. May serve as team leader/mentor for creative associates (artists, UI/UX designers, copywriters, photographers, etc.) on campaigns or projects. Ensures work is consistent with UOR design quality and brand standards.
CREATES & DIRECTS COMPELLING ART/GRAPHIC DESIGN
- Leads small team of art and design staff for assigned brands, campaigns, and programs in the creation of fresh, compelling creative that adds to the UOR customer experience and builds equity in the brand.
- Brings fresh direction and insight while maintaining
- visual integrity, brand standards, and excitement of the brand.
- Pursues creative excellence by staying abreast of award-winning design and consumer engagement trends
- Provides detailed direction to designers and assists in the development of designers and others on team
- Reviews all work submitted to ensure its quality, strategic integrity, and appropriate integration with brand campaigns and projects.
- Helps facilitate creative meetings.
- Oversees editing of the finished campaign/art/visual communication
- Concepts and creates storyboards for video concepts
Maintains Solid Understanding OF UOR Core Business, Brand Portfolio, Brand Standards and Target Audiences
- Stays abreast of brand standards and LP standards
- Stays abreast of design trends particularly in travel, tourism and entertainment industry.
- Stays abreast of consumer and marketplace trends particularly in targeted demographic groups (teens/tweens, families, Hispanic, Floridians…) and channels.
- Interacts with copywriters and other creative team members to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned campaigns and projects.
- Partners with producers on selection of photos, models, stylists and stock photography.
- Works closely with Project Managers and effectively manages partner expectations regarding design deliverables.
- Maintains and encourages an open line of communication with other team members.
- Makes presentations to internal clients.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Visual Communication Design (Graphic Design or closely related), combined with outstanding creative portfolio.
EXPERIENCE: 7+ years of experience in large volume or in-house advertising agency or marketing environment. Portfolio of relevant creative work is required to be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions in concepting, developing, and producing creative campaigns and materials.
- Experience with a wide array of media including video, print, broadcast, social, online, outdoor and events/displays.
- Experience in like industry (travel, tourism, entertainment) and with like targets/demographics (teens/tweens, vacationers, Floridians, Hispanics) a plus
- Proficient with design applications including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint and Keynote as well as a thorough working knowledge of video, digital and print production.
- Requires strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Thorough understanding of videography, photography, typography, and printing
- Collaborative/Team Oriented – ability to manage challenging situations
- Interested in social and cultural trends
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Responsible for the design integrity of marketing communications campaigns and programs.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.