The Senior Accountant ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, and entering transactions in the general ledger.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, monthly and quarterly financial reporting, and variance analysis.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of information for annual audits both internal (SOX) and external (financial).
- Ensures that internal controls over accounting processes are adhered to and documented.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Other projects as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 2+ years of work related experience in accounting.
- Experience with ERP systems and other financial reporting tools.
- Experience with payroll.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects with thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- General math skills and ability to analyze data.
- Ability to identify and research accounting issues.
- Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint software applications with advanced knowledge of Excel.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with SAP ERP system and BPC (Excel-based reporting system) preferred.
- Experience with ADP and Payroll reporting.
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, STARZ has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including STARZ original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, STARZ is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underrepresented audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position STARZ at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, STARZ has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The company’s international premium subscription service, LIONSGATE+, offers subscribers access to bold, curated storytelling around the world. LIONGATE+ has a footprint that extends across the globe and continues to expand its network of distribution partners. In addition to its LIONSGATE+ markets, it reaches audiences in the Middle East and North African region through STARZPLAY ARABIA and in South and Southeast Asia with Lionsgate Play. The proprietary and highly-rated STARZ app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
- Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
- Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
- 401(k) company matching
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$64,000 - $80,400
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws. In addition, Lionsgate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Lionsgate will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.