The company is seeking a well-rounded, hands-on accountant with a positive and happy, can-do attitude, high ethics, amazing with love for details to join our team as a
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT reporting to the CONTROLLER.
The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel, CRM systems like HUBSPOT, accounting systems like QUICKBOOKS ADVANCED ONLINE, automated billing systems like CHARGEOVER, expense reporting systems like ABACUS, payroll systems like ADP TotalSource, sales tax systems like AVALARA, Stock compensation systems like CARTA, etc. Be well versed with hands-on usage of automated software systems.
We are looking for a hands-on doer, smart, ambitious, and experienced SaaS Accountant to support the business. This opportunity requires an experienced individual with high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and an enthusiastic attitude. Candidates must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, thrive in a highly driven environment, enjoy learning new skills, procedures, and systems, and have an overall desire to contribute to company growth. Candidates with strong experience in SaaS accounting, SaaS metrics/reporting & SaaS revenue recognition is a plus.
- Hands on management and preparation of all day-to-day accounting…AP, AR, Payroll Journal Entry, Commission analysis and preparation, Royalty accounting, Bank reconciliations, PO, SO, General Ledger, Sales Tax, 1099s, Tax, Fixed Assets, etc.
- Participation in month end close, preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and trial balance analysis
- Manage and upkeep journal entries, accruals, bank and company credit card and balance sheet reconciliations and month-end close procedures
- Prepare consolidated financial statements, including the consolidated balance sheet, the statement of operations and the statement of cash flow
- Support the global consolidation and reporting processes, including accounting for the impact of foreign exchange rates and elimination of intercompany balances and investment in subsidiaries
- Hands on responsibility for foreign exchange, currency translation adjustments, subsidiary recording with intercompany transactions
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Ensure all financial records and statements are in line with laws, regulations, and accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Reconcile accounts to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Review employee expense reports to ensure within company policies and maintain accurate reimbursement processing
- Hands on management of Accounts Payable process
- Participate in billing issues where needed
- Responsible for the preparation and reconciliation of fixed assets and property tax returns
- Review weekly reports and address any issues as needed
- Assist with audit requests, ad-hoc projects, and system implementations
- Thoroughness and attention to detail…DETAILS…DETAILS…DETAILS so critical
- Maintain safeguards and confidential company information
- Adhoc duties on an as needed basis and as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related/relevant degree required
- 3+ Years of work experience in an accounting/finance capacity
- Strong knowledge of accounting theory, principles, and practices to include
- GAAP, SaaS accounting, ASC 606: Revenue Recognition, Unbilled Revenue, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in CPA firm audits are a plus
- Experience with technology or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) is a plus
- Perform various balance sheet reconciliations, including payroll and benefits, credit cards, pre-paid, and accrued expenses
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently but also as a team player
- Strong analytical skills and mathematical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- QuickBooks skills preferred (knowledge of other accounting software is also helpful)
- Experience with US/International accounting (Canada), and taxes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong customer service approach
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Positive and happy go getter attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, Word and MS PowerPoint, Google sheets in particular) …Pivot tables, SUMIF, VLOOKUPS, etc.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Must possess the capability to think independently and create and present solutions to keep the accounting functioning daily
- Must be able to ask questions, collaborate with team members and measure progress towards objectives, as necessary. A wide variety of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; must have the ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image while working with executive management to meet company objectives
- Must be a self-starter and problem solver who is able to thrive in a fast-paced team and/or individual environment with a variety of creative challenges
What Sets You Apart
- Strong QuickBooks proficiency preferred
- Hands on expertise in HUBSPOT or similar CRM
- Hands on expertise in ABACUS travel expense reporting or similar
- Hands on expertise in CHARGEOVER billing system or similar
- CPA is a plus
- Automation and process improvement mindset
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Self-directed and self-motivated but a strong and collaborative
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively
- communicating key data, including presentations to senior management
Benefits and Perks
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401K
- Work from home
- Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holidays)
- Competitive salary
- A real chance to help shape the growing cannabis industry
- Work with smart and engaged open minded people in a fast-paced environment Remote Work (prefer West Coast Time Zone) with corporate offices located in Newport Beach, CA.
Please send us your resume and why you think BLAZE is a fit for you: email@example.com