Spring 2024 - Media Planning Assistant
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office suite, namely Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly pick up on new tools & software
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and presentation
- MRI and Simmons, Kathar and Pathmatics tools not required but a plus
- Ideally will be enrolled as a relevant junior, senior or graduate-level student at their college or university
- Relevant/applicable majors preferred (Advertising, Radio-Television-Film, Marketing)
- Must be available during the fall (1/23/24-3/29/24)
- Must be able to work 20 hours a week
- Must be able to work part-time onsite in Austin office
Applications close December 1st, 2023 at 5PM CST.
GSD&M is a creatively driven, full-service agency born and raised in the heart of Texas.
We're looking for a Spring 2024 Media Planning Assistant to support our award-winning planning and digital media teams. If you're hard-working, data-driven, coachable, and generally just an all-star, this is the position for you. This internship will provide agency-setting experience to develop your skills and knowledge in media planning and digital strategy within the advertising industry.
GSD&M intern candidates MUST be enrolled as a Junior, Senior or Graduate level student at their college or university.
As a Media Planning Assistant, you will support our award-winning planning and digital media teams by doing:
- Pull competitive expenditures and audience insights from various secondary research tools to help inform media strategy
- Contribute to client-facing deliverables such as POV's, flowcharts, budget trackers, competitive charts, etc.
- Lead development of investment brief documents (buy specs) and pull estimated target audience reach and frequency delivery for media buys
- Assist in evaluating strategy, execution, performance and reporting of programmatic display, paid social and video campaigns for our clients across multiple reporting platforms
- Contribute to evaluation of campaign performance and optimization recommendations
- RFP potential media partners for upcoming campaigns
- Stay up to date and aware of new platforms, buying techniques, and information around alpha and beta opportunities for our clients
- Research and compile competitive reporting information for digital, social and traditional media channels
- Research and refine target audience definitions and personas using multiple consumer survey and digital audience building tools
- Help pull competitive information from Kantar and Pathmatics, format into client-facing reporting
- Assist in preparing client-ready documents such as POV's, flowcharts, competitive charts etc.
- Keep a "trend tracker" report for each brand on a weekly basis
- Assisting in tracking campaign spend, performance and performance indicators
- Compiling information into excel spreadsheets
- Assist with data entry, reviewing paperwork, and proofing reports
- High motivation to learn and contribute
- High attention to detail, expert prioritization skills, resourcefulness, and problem solving
- Interest in media strategy and understanding consumers’ behaviors and motivations to build a media strategy based on consumer audiences
- Curious about data that supports marketing efforts and how that impacts media buying and optimization
- Passionate about process and creating new ways of working that improve workflow
- Eager, Outgoing, Personable
- Team-player: You can collaborate and have a big-picture mindset
- Willingness to Learn: You are a sponge. You absorb information and are endlessly hungry to learn
- Strong Organizer: You are able to prioritize things appropriately and understand deadlines.
- Strong Communicator: You can get your point across efficiently and clearly
- Dedicated: You are loyal and willing to put energy and time into your craft