RK&K’s experienced, growing Water/Wastewater Group, within one of the nation’s top consulting firms, is seeking to hire an Engineering Technician/Administrative Assistant to specialize as our Specifications Coordinator to work from our Baltimore, MD office. In this role, you will work with engineers across multiple disciplines to coordinate, format, organize, edit and be overall responsible for technical specifications for multiple projects and clients. Additional responsibilities may include assistance with formatting and organizing technical reports, progress reports, and tracking of submittals.
This position offers hybrid flexibility.
- Maintain, organize, and format each set of specifications per project through each design phase
- Update specifications based on input from engineers
- Coordinate and communicate extensively with multiple engineers for technical specification requirements
- Assist with formatting and organizing other documents to include technical reports progress reports, and tracking documents
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Word and Adobe/Bluebeam
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
- Engineering specification development
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer
RK&K offers excellent potential for career advancement and professional growth. We also offer attractive compensation packages commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Hybrid work (home and office)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental , vision, life and disability insurances
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Paid Holidays
- Much Much more!
As a full-service engineering and construction management firm, RK&K gives you the opportunity to directly impact the communities in which we live and work. What sets RK&K apart is an award-winning culture that has fostered a spirit of collaboration and trust for over 100 years. To its clients, the firm delivers concepts, processes, and outcomes that are designed for success. RK&K has earned its reputation as a trusted partner, responsive employer, and community steward.
RK&K maintains a drug-free workplace. Employees of RK&K are prohibited from engaging in the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana
RK&K is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.