Specialist, Store Design
At Chanel, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience and potential you could bring to CHANEL.
CHANEL is looking for a Specialist to join the Store Design Team – Fragrance & Beauty (F&B), Multi-Brand Retail (MBR) in New York City. The position, reporting directly to the Group Director of Store Design, will support the design and construction of multiple F&B spaces across the MBR environment. The role will engage with both internal partners (Global, Visual Merchandising, Production) and external partners (architects, millworkers, retailers) throughout various phases of the design and construction process. Our ideal candidate will have 3- 5 years of experience in luxury retail with a passion for architectural design, collaboration and problem solving.
What impact you can create at CHANEL:
- Elevating the brand image of F&B spaces throughout the United States
- Supporting the local implementation of Global design concepts
- Cultivating efficient workflows and communications between the Store Design Team and its internal/external partners
You are energized by…
- Deconstructing design challenges on a macro- and micro-scale
- Discovering and analyzing multiple creative solutions to a single design challenge
- Fluid and effective collaboration with other team members and internal/external partners
- Navigating through a complex and dynamic work environment
What you will bring to the team...
- A high standard of design in support of brand image
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Global design concepts and apply them in various MBR contexts
- Creatively refine designs through sketches, 2D drawing and 3D modeling (AutoCAD, Sketchup)
- Critically review shop drawings with respect to the original design intent (Bluebeam)
- Strong visual communication skills to clearly represent concepts and ideas through design packages and presentations (LayOut, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong verbal communication skills to clearly present concepts and ideas during Teams/in-person meetings
- A positive and open-minded attitude, prepared to undertake daily challenges as needed
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture or another related design field
- 3-5 years of design experience, preferably in fragrance & beauty retail
- Minimum 3 Days a week in the NYO
- Travel requirement 20%
What skills you will learn? What experiences might you have?
- Further development of 2D/3D design skills
- Exposure to business practices in the MBR environment
- Building relationships with Global and other internal teammates
- Traveling opportunities across the U.S.
Chanel is a private company whose values are grounded in creating the conditions for people to perform at their best and feel fulfilled and confident in their work. We offer a unique work environment where individuals are encouraged to better understand the brand, the business, and motivations, so that together we can unlock the possibilities of growth.
This is reflected in:
Diversity and Inclusion
- At CHANEL, we are intentional in promoting Diversity & Inclusion. We foster respect, empathy, and dignity for all. We believe strongly that the diversity of our people across the full spectrum of human differences is essential to our organisation and the connections we have with each other and our clients.
- We offer Employee Resource Groups in the US that are voluntary, open to all, employee-led groups formed around a shared identity or lived experience, whose aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community aligned with the values and missions of the communities they support.
- CHANEL Community empowers our employees to channel their passions, talents, and sense of purpose to contribute to and learn from our communities.
- Employees are encouraged to take time off annually to volunteer through CHANEL Community. CHANEL also matches employee donations to select charitable organizations.
- Since 2011, Fondation CHANEL’s mission is for women and girls to be free to shape their own destiny. Through multi-year partnerships with financial and technical support, Fondation CHANEL is committed to improving the safety and autonomy of women and adolescent girls around the world, impacting over a million women and girls in its first 10 years.
- For more information, please navigate to the Fondation Chanel website here
- CHANEL Mission 1.5° is our climate action plan. It is focused on transforming the business in line with the ambitions of the Paris Agreement on climate change to limit the average global mean temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels.
- Employees are encouraged to contribute to our US Sustainability efforts at the corporate level and within the divisions, through organized taskforces and initiatives.
Arts and Culture
- We are committed to extending our legacy of cultural engagement. Global support includes the CHANEL Culture Fund, which supports a select group of leading art culture institutions across the globe, and the CHANEL Next Prize for the next generation of creative talent. US support currently includes Annual sponsorship of the MoMA film program, Tribeca Film Festival programs and Through Her Lens, Support of the Academy Gold Fellowship for Women and Sponsorship of the BAAND Together Dance Festival at Lincoln Center.
Career and Leadership Development
- We have dedicated in-house teams focused on supporting the onboarding of employees, developing leadership skills via custom programs like Imagine Chanel People, Heart of Leadership and group and individual coaching, and blended online and live classes offered on our Bloom platform and by skilled trainers, such as Shape Your Career, to develop career building skills.
- The anticipated base salary range for this position is between $58,200.00 through $90,000.00.Base salary is one component of the total compensation for this position.Other components [may/will] include additional compensation, benefits, and perks.
Benefits and Perks
- Flexibility (flexible time and hybrid work options)
- Wellbeing resources include dedicated paid time off for wellbeing (2-week August Office Closure and Wellbeing Days in Retail) and a Wellbeing fund
- Family and care giving benefits (inclusive of parental leave, fertility support, MilkStork, and Care.com Membership)
- Generous paid time off policies to include vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer days
- 401K, pension, and other incentives
- Robust healthcare offerings; medical, dental, vision, MDLIVE (virtual care), One Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care), Health Savings Account and Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Advocate, International Business Travel Accident & Medical, and Commuter Transit & Parking
Chanel, Inc. benefits and perks are dependent on eligibility and subject to modification by Chanel at any time.