Specialist, Software Engineer
If you’re passionate about innovation and love working in an environment where you can constantly improve and adopt new technologies to drive business results, then Nationwide’s Information Technology team could be the place for you!
Claims Solutions has an opportunity for a Specialist, Software Engineering. We are looking for people with a passion for improving our customers experiences in an engaging and collaborative environment.
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Java/Spring Boot (or similar languages)
- Apigee or API integrations
- Event-driven processes (Apache Kafka)
- Web Development
- Guidewire Products
- Front-End Frameworks (Angular/reactJS/etc )
- Knowledge/willingness to learn Ruby for test automation / pull requests.
- Experience working remotely, in an Agile environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Insurance knowledge
- Ability to present ideas and enjoy working with others.
- Experienced at handling multiple assignments simultaneously
If you’re all about delivering technology solutions to support a company providing outstanding care to its customers, then Nationwide Technology is the place for you. Our industry-leading technology workforce adopts an agile work environment and a collaborative and inclusive culture to deliver outstanding solutions and results. If that sounds like something you aspire to, we want to hear from you!
As a Software Engineer, you will focus primarily on providing high quality, efficient technology solutions to business partners by crafting new software applications or modifying and/or supporting existing packaged or custom-built applications. In this capacity, you’ll analyze, code, configure, test, debug, document and maintain applications.Job Description
- Analyzes, solutions, develops, tests, debugs, documents and deploys software according to standards in an agile environment.
- Uses DevSecOps practices, tooling and techniques.
- Drives continuous improvement and learning through ongoing training, practice and innovation.
- Manages medium to large project priorities, deadlines and deliverables proactively.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to a Technology Manager/Director.
Education: Completion of undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, or other related degree. Technology experience or non-traditional technology certificates can be substituted for an undergraduate degree.
Experience: Four or more years of analysis and technology experience.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and Human Resources Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates Nationwide Values.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
We have an array of benefits to fit your needs, including: medical/dental, paid time off plus nine paid holidays, 401(k) with company match, company-paid pension plan, business casual attire, and more.
Nationwide is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels challenged, appreciated, respected and engaged. Nationwide prohibits discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any characteristic (or classification) protected by applicable law.