Specialist, Social Media
As a Specialist, Social Media / Editor at Sony Music Nashville, you will drive our social media content development to maximize engagement with country music fans. You will help our artists reach new fans by obsessing over the latest social media trends and tactics and by ideating and creating cutting edge digital content. You should be a results-oriented, quick-thinking, enthusiastic individual. You're a strong multi-tasker who has developed rapport with internal and external contacts. You have sharp creative instincts used to make artists stand out on social media.
What you'll do:
- Support Digital Strategy / Marketing team to edit and render engaging video content for social / online platforms
- Specialize in creating short-form video content that is authentic to individual platforms
- Ideate and create compelling ad content for social platforms around single, album, music video releases and other initiatives
- Animate single and album cover art with moving text and produce social assets in square and vertical dimensions
- Create GIF stickers, Interactive Lenses / Filters, and other artist specific content
- Capture short-form social content at artist music video sets/performances/studio sessions as needed
- Research and present best practices for content optimization
- Follow emerging social trends in real time and flag opportunities to capitalize on these trends quickly with compelling content
Who you are:
- 2+ years of experience creating social media content campaigns across multiple brand voices simultaneously
- Proven ability to follow project branding set by Creative
- Fluent knowledge of adobe creative suite (photoshop and premiere or similar programs)
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, Final Cut or equivalent editing software.
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects and working with kinetic type.
- Proven history of combining videos from different sources into consistent and engaging piece(s)
- Fluent knowledge of TikTok editing suite and ability to quickly turn around quality videos in the app
- Expert knowledge of social networking platforms
- Expert understanding of the social media landscape and which types of content perform well on their respective platforms
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to arrange print-based creative into engaging motion graphics, while staying on brand and conforming to various guidelines
- Solid understanding of creative positioning, key art/video execution, advertising and entertainment marketing
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, and to react quickly to changes
- An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with team members, external partners, and senior management
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires the use of the CLEAR Health Pass App to access the office and off-site work events. While COVID vaccination is highly encouraged, vaccination is not required for employees based out of our Tennessee offices, although COVID-19 testing may be required. Please do not include proof of vaccination or any other indication of vaccination status when submitting your application materials. If applicable, at the time of a candidate’s onboarding experience, the Company will follow up directly to share the company standards around using the CLEAR Health Pass App and provide instructions for safely entering our TN offices. Please note, employees are required to be fully vaccinated to enter our offices in New York, Los Angeles, and Miami. An employee will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.