Specialist, Payroll Tax
Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity, contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. Some remote opportunities are available within specific departments. There are also roles that require being on-site full time. You’ll learn more about this during the application process.
Responsible for managing federal, state, local income tax compliance workload for a large number of employees weekly. Must meet time sensitive internal and external deadlines. Prepares monthly, quarterly and year-end tax files. Responsible for the analysis and maintenance of employee records for tax compliance and accurate reporting to appropriate state and federal Agencies. Coordinates efforts between Payroll, Tax Department, IT and Third-Party vendors to ensure we remain in compliance with regulations.
On-Site position. Must have experience in multi-state payroll tax. In-House payroll experience desired.
- Responsible for the validation and accuracy of employee level tax data. Utilize or create ad hoc reporting to audit data recorded by HR/Payroll to ensure tax reporting is maintained properly. Research and collaborate with partners to ensure compliance is maintained based on employee/jurisdiction specific requirements. Communicate and provide direction to ensure data is maintained and updated accordingly.
- Performs monthly, quarterly and year-end audits to identify, research and correct variances to ensure all records are in compliance. Utilize third party system to mitigate variances. Identify and accurately submit/record data for quarterly and annual returns. Submit and monitor completion of amendments as necessary.
- Coordinate the reporting of miscellaneous taxable items as received from various departments (i.e. taxable fringe benefits). Ensure requests are received and processed in accordance to policy and managing regulations.
- Manage the annual tax reporting process for W-2 generation and posting. Process includes coordinating/initiating required communication efforts, working with vendors to support the receipt, printing and mailing of forms, reconciliation of reportable items, adjustments, etc.
- Perform weekly audits to ensure proper setup, taxation and reporting of out of state Team Members and those holding any visa/work authorization. Collaborate with applicable partners to create/manage jurisdiction accounts between HCM and third-party providers.
- Partner with our Tax Department and third-party vendors to validate liabilities and reporting for state and federal taxes. Record, monitor and resolve agency tax notices and reporting timely and accurately to ensure compliance.
- Perform testing and approval for system modifications related to earnings and deduction code set up and tax updates. May be required to perform configuration/setup of these items to ensure compliance.
- Support needs of the payroll team in order to complete payroll as needed each week. May include administrative or system processing support.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required; Associate’s degree is preferred; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3+ years’ payroll/payroll tax experience. Must be familiar with HR/payroll systems and the generating of reports. Understanding of all applicable legal requirements a must. PeopleSoft computer systems experience a plus. Experienced in a high volume paperwork environment preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CPP Preferred
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.