Specialist, Global Communications
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Specialist, Global Communications will write and build communications for a variety of channels to reach key audiences and deliver against defined communications objectives. In this role, you will work closely with communication partners to create compelling content and unlock stories from around the organization. You will be a strong writer and storyteller who uses AP Style following established procedures but have an opportunity to continuously improve future communications. You will be familiar with the latest communication trends and be strong in producing content for large audiences and you will compile results to demonstrate progress toward measurable objectives.
- Receive instruction, guidance and direction from more senior level roles.
- Create content for multiple communications and manage campaigns or projects, advising business partners.
- Implement tactics within a communications plan based on company strategies.
- Developing business acumen to understand the company and its customers.
- Interact with peers in other global communications groups and share best practices.
- Deliver quality assignments on time.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and written communication skills
- Conceptual knowledge of fundamental communications theories, principles and practices
- Understanding of and experience in using AP Style
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.