Specialist, External Affairs
Do you live and breathe entertainment? Do you stay ahead of the curve and take in the latest films and TV shows across different platforms? If this resonates, then the opportunity to join our Communications team and work on our External Affairs team could be the job for you!
About the RoleThe External Affairs team manages external partnerships, including stakeholder engagement with third parties on key issues related to our content and representation efforts, as well as company sponsorships, industry programs and charitable giving. We are looking for a proactive self-starter with a diverse range of stakeholder engagement and communications experience, and strong third-party relationships within the entertainment space.
- Widen the net of opinion formers, academics and experts that Netflix engages on key issues related to our TV, films and games, our social impact efforts and our representation efforts.
- Manage our bi-annual film and TV diversity report, and identify additional thought-leadership opportunities with third-party experts.
- Create proactive opportunities to showcase impact efforts, including the Netflix Fund for Creative Equity.
- Partner with publicity and marketing teams to create campaigns that inform, educate, and inspire awareness around a range of topics, including working with external subject matter experts and creating resources for wannatalkaboutit.com.
- Help manage business-driven sponsorships of industry institutions and other nonprofits.
- 7 years of experience working in public affairs, stakeholder engagement, corporate social responsibility or communications within a media/entertainment company, or related nonprofit.
- Strong familiarity with the nonprofit landscape, as well as organizations and issues specific to the media and entertainment industry.
- Experience partnering with domestic nonprofits, academic institutions and industry organizations.
- Experience in working with press.
- A proven track record of executing brand and title campaigns in partnership with third parties.
- The ability to think from first principles and work well cross-functionally, including with outside partners.
- Strong written and oral communication/advocacy skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay calm under pressure.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the work done.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $65,000 - $320,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.