This position is responsible supporting the pipeline and terminal operating organizations in maintaining environmental compliance. Included in this effort is the preparation of operating air and water permit reports/applications, supporting the operation teams in cost effectively managing proper waste disposal, and responding to emergency response actions. Other tasks include updating and maintaining company assets using the Computerized Environmental Management Software.
Duties will include, but are not limited to managing the location, asset identification and environmental task scheduling to ensure timely and accurate reporting; working closely with Environmental Specialist and Operations to ensure data validity; providing reports as needed; and other duties as assigned or required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with applying company environmental policies and procedures effectively and consistently across area of responsibility to ensure environmental compliance.
- Assist in the coordination of and provide technical support to operations, engineering, regulatory and construction personnel.
- Assist with the preparation of environmental reports to various environmental agencies.
- Develop a proficient knowledge of current federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations that affect company operations.
- Assist in the interpretation of regulations and training to company personnel to ensure compliance with applicable compliance requirements.
- Assist with developing environmental scopes of work, manage records, train and conduct audits of operations and construction activities.
- Assist area Environmental Specialist with regional program to ensure that operations comply with applicable environmental regulations, permits, authorizations and agreements.
- Assist in written interaction with federal, state and local environmental agencies.
- Assist in area Emergency Response drills and incidents and be able to fill in as an ICS team member.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent knowledge demonstrated by work experience.
- Some experience in the environmental compliance profession preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable Air, Solid Waste and Wastewater regulations or requirements.
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- The Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of relevant job related experience
- The Senior Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor’s degree and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
- 2-5 year of field environmental experience, preferably in terminal or pipeline operations
- Proficient knowledge of applicable Air, Solid Waste, and Wastewater regulations and requirements.
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- Must be able to walk for 1 hour + in plant and pipeline environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
DISCLAIMER: The above statements, which are subject to change, are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.