Specialist, Contracts Analyst
Responsible for conducting proposal preparation, pre-contract data collection, and administering, extending, negotiating and terminating standard and nonstandard government contracts.
- Preparing, negotiating, and administering a large volume of contracts of various types for a variety of customers.
- Ensuring contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, customer specifications, FAR, DFAR and ITAR.
- Reviewing RFPs; preparing proposals including engineering changes; performing associated negotiation and defining activities.
- Performing risk assessment of proposal/contract terms and conditions; formulating and executing strategies to minimize potential risks to the business.
- Working with customers, management, and program teams to resolve issues, secure approvals, and ensure successful contract execution.
- Serving as point of contact for the customer during all phases of a program.
- Generating and maintaining contract documentation.
- Must possess the ability to effectively interface at all levels of company management
- Must possess the ability to effectively interface with Government and other customer organizations
- Must have experience with risk assessment of proposals/contract terms and conditions and strategies to minimize potential risks to the business.
- Must possess excellent communications skills. Effectively communicate via formal letters complicated and sensitive subjects, possess proper email skills, and possess excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and overtime as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience, or, 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with ITAR
- 2 years experience with and in-depth knowledge of FAR and DFARS
- Knowledge of SAP input and report generation.
- 4 years experience with reviewing RFPs, preparing proposals, negotiation, definitization and administration of DoD Contracts
- Able obtain and maintain a Secret US Security clearance
- This position does require the ability to travel as required. Up to 50%
- Active and Current Secret, or higher, US Security clearance
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $56,000 - $99,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.