The Specialist, US Series Communications will play a key role in supporting the series communications team. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, and can juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization. We’re looking for someone who’s collaborative, with a positive attitude and is able to exercise good judgment, takes initiative and demonstrates strong communication skills.
The job is based in LA and reports to the Director, Series Communications.
Tasks are timely and varied. The specialist is responsible for the majority of the daily logistical functions of the team including upkeep of team documents, generating briefing documents, drafting news announcements, and tracking media inquiries. The role is also responsible for media relations where needed.
Specific tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Update and maintain various lists, documents and charts on the department’s google drive
- Tracking and updating information related to our series in a timely way including news announcement calendar, media inquiry tracker, briefings database, press coverage, and more
- Update series announcements in our Media Center
- Draft executive briefings and manage executive biographies and photography
- Maintain and update sizzle reelsStrategize press pitching activity, actively pitch press for coverage and develop press relationships.
- Support press needs with asset and publicity materials, assisting with interview schedules.
- Work with cross-functional teams such as Content, Publicity, Awards, Marketing and Regional PR.
- The successful candidate for the Specialist, US Series Communications role will have up to 5 years of publicity or communications experience.
- Passionate about entertainment and a fan of television and film.
- Experience handling high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people, departments and teams while simultaneously managing competing priorities.
- They will be a clear and concise communicator in a variety of media.
- Must possess solid organizational skills and be able to manage time effectively.
- Scrappy and resourceful in trying to find a solution and make wise decisions, even when faced with ambiguity.
- Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat.
- Curious and eager to learn.
- Not timid to take risks, make mistakes and then explore what can be done differently or better the next time.
- Have a point of view, be collaborative and offer their unique perspective and voice.
- Poised, not scared to voice complex ideas to peers & leaders and are ‘cool under fire’ while managing a multitude of simultaneous tasks.
- Self-aware and not afraid to sunshine what they could have done better.
- Take action on constructive feedback and do not avoid giving feedback to the rest of the team.
- Looking to develop their skill set and learn the fundamentals of what makes a stellar publicity campaign.
- Embody & promote our company values every day.