Space Vehicle Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company- Boeing Defense & Space is seeking an Entry Level Space Vehicle Controller / Engineer - Entry Level in Aurora, CO. The Space Vehicle Controller Engineer will be responsible for command and control of space vehicles (SV), telemetry monitoring, and execution and verification of products loaded to the Space Vehicle.
- Ensuring integrity of the ground system and command path in support of the mission.
- Use MS-Windows or UNIX based computers for the development of the operational plan and analysis of data collected in support of planning future contacts or anomaly resolution.
- Coordination with management and peers to ensure the integrity of high quality operational products, including procedures, tools, detailed event logging, and system configuration.
- Analyze technical data, verify and sustain specific systems configuration in accordance with defined constraints and operational requirements.
- Monitor system performance and control system elements by executing commands to change the system configuration in order to achieve mission objectives.
- This position may support future system testing and integration requirements.
- Selected candidate will be provided specialized training in order to learn the necessary skills related to ground and Space Vehicle configuration management allowing them to obtain the necessary certifications required for this position.
- Certification will be a combination of self-study and on-the-job (OJT) training.
This position requires being on call and responding to after hours anomalies.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires a current US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. A final U.S. Secret Clearance Pre-Start is required.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Please indicate the level of polygraph you have completed.
- The position requires successful completion of the Space Vehicle Certification program (Post Start), for continued employment, which requires a combination of self-study and on-the-job (OJT) training.
Typical Education / Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $68,000 – $92,000
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award