South Region Sales Lead
Banza Remote14 days ago
Banza has grown to date with an analytical mindset, a scrappy sales approach, and a passionate team. We want to accelerate our growth while staying analytical, scrappy, and passionate, and are looking for a sales leader to take up that mantle. We’ve grown 50-100% YoY for the last several years, and plan to continue that growth. You will lead our efforts to develop key Southern accounts, design and implement sales strategies across retailers including Whole Foods, Publix, Sprouts, and many more, and execute those plans through meetings, broker management, and consistent communication. You’ll have a key voice in how we advance our mission and build our business across pasta, pizza, mac & cheese, rice, and new category launches.
What You’ll Do:
- Strategic Account Management: own sales targets across Banza’s Southern Region, including selling new products to customers, account business planning support, and execution of business portfolio strategies
- Use your analytical skills to identify opportunities and share impactful sales stories with our customers
- Build winning relationships with the retailers, broker, distributor team and category managers to ensure top notch execution and continued growth
- Proactively identify areas for improvement or new opportunities among your assigned customers, and take action across distribution, price optimization, product placement, and promotional effectiveness
- Execute promotional plans that drive positive gains and ROI
- Work alongside Category Management and Growth teams to support planning/analytical inputs, while delivering strategic insights and decision making
- Lead a regular strategic assessment of existing and potential accounts across existing and new product lines
- Develop strategic annual business plans and track to achieve or exceed net sales targets
- Represent Banza at retail meetings, trade events, broker meetings, and industry conferences
Who You Are:
- BA/BS with progressive experience (5-10+ years) working in sales/account management within the natural and conventional grocery channels
- Experience from big CPG, high-growth startup, or ideally both
- Data analysis or Category management experience preferred
- Whole Foods, Publix and/or Sprouts account management experience is highly preferred
- Strong Planning and Customer Management Skills of multiple customers at once, with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Substantial experience with syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, SPINS, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills
- Proven ability to produce visually compelling presentations
- Strong knowledge of food retail environment/practices
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptable, and proactive in a constantly changing industry and company
- Self-starter that thrives in fast paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time if needed (post-COVID)
- Must love Banza!
We're very aware of the research showing that historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job if they don't believe that they meet all of the criteria. Are you hesitant to submit an application because you're not sure if you check every box? Please apply anyway with a thoughtful cover letter! We would love to hear from you to discuss how you can help us build a great team at Banza.
Competitive salary, equity, and title, commensurate with experience. Health, dental, vision, fitness, and other benefits.
Write a cover letter describing why you want to join Banza and would be a great fit in this role. Include that along with your resume.