The Sourcing Manager is responsible for leading cost saving initiatives through use of the sourcing processes (RFx, negotiations), including managing relationships with key suppliers. The role is also responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing management of supply chain strategies with key suppliers.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Reduce manufacturing supply, services, and system costs
- Conduct RFP, RFI, RFQ and direct negotiations with suppliers
- Develop strategies to better leverage supplier capabilities
- Participate in cross functional projects and processes
- Communicate, both written and verbally, to customers and senior management predominately through PowerPoint
- Establish and maintain expert-level knowledge of assigned supply and or service markets (capabilities, market conditions and trends, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, etc.)
- Perform cost benefit analysis for key project deliverables
- Track ongoing savings and supplier scorecard
- Facilitate and conduct key supplier business reviews
- Provide input and support in the implementation of supplier products and services
- Ensure accuracy of pricing, including within purchasing and accounting systems
- Support supplier diversity initiatives and attainment of goals
- Support environmental objectives and policies
- All other duties as needed or required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of supplier management experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Strong negotiation, project management, and analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and mange changing targets and goals
- Experience in the creation and management of contracts preferred
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility.
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities.
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives.
FedEx Office is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing. America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
FedEx Office will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, including throughout the application and hiring process, if requested. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations in the application or hiring process should email HR.Recruiting@fedex.com.
FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. If you are applying in Philadelphia, PA, you can click here to learn about Philadelphia's fair chance hiring law.