Sourcing Analyst - Batteries
We are looking for a talented Sourcing Analyst - Batteries to join our team specializing in Purchasing for our New Power Business Segment in Columbus, IN.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Collects information, inputs, data from various sources and conducts analysis/simulations to support or report sourcing work.
- Analyzes sourcing information and presents findings for process improvement and cost reduction while maintaining high quality product and/or service delivery.
- May source assigned items and executes buying strategies in accordance with agreed sourcing strategy at the optimum cost.
- Procures inventory, supplies, and capital goods; places purchase orders with vendors.
- Analyzes sourcing and purchasing initiatives and processes in support of the delivery of cost effective and high quality goods and services.
- Prepares and presents recommendations of improvement opportunities and alternative courses of action to senior purchasing/sourcing leaders.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Confidential Disclosure - Protects Cummins confidential information by using the appropriate channel of communication and ensures that Confidential Disclosure Agreements are in place with all suppliers that Cummins interacts with to protect Cummins Confidential Information and to ensure that the suppliers confidential information is not misused or disclosed in any manner.
- Cost Management - Establishes and controls product and service costs using functional tools to deliver and track product and services at competitive prices; ensures competitiveness of Cummins products in our markets while preserving desired margins.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Visit EEOC.gov to know your rights on workplace discrimination.