Solutions Engineer Intern: Summer 2021
OktaSan Francisco, Denver, Washington D.C.2 months ago
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 10,000 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta Solution Engineers are involved in helping customers secure Mobile Apps, Web Apps, SaaS Apps, APIs, infrastructure and much more. They are also experienced using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for great teammates who want to acquire the skills to build sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to leverage cloud security technology.
You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight and you’re looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a Solution Engineering Intern at Okta, you will develop each of these skills through a structured learning and development program that includes classroom, self-study, shadowing opportunities with senior level colleagues, as well as practicums where those skills can be tested and evaluated.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand what they can achieve with Okta
- Collaborate with other teams cross functionally and learn the wider Okta organization
- Learn how to understand customer technical/business requirements and communicate how to leverage to provide solutions
- Assist in execution and delivery of RFP responses, demos & POCs for customers
- Learn how to craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Learn how to distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- A passion to serve the customer by learning how to communicate complex ideas and solutions to their business challenges
- A desire to learn to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- Desire to become an elite communicator
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Experience preferred with one or more Authentication/Authorization protocols(eg. WS-Trust, OAuth2, SAML, SCIM) and an understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF) a plus but not required.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.