Solutions Engineer - Commercial
ZoomAtlanta (GA) - Remote 5 months ago
Zoom is an award winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we’ve been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US Workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Associate Solution Engineer role at Zoom is an exciting and rewarding position. We are looking for a technically passionate professional that possesses strong communication and presentation skills. The Associate Solution Engineer acts as a trusted advisor and plays an integral part in delivering Happiness to our customers.
This individual will learn the fundamentals of collaboration and how it changes the way the world communicates. The Associate Solutions Engineer will work with experience individuals and be given guidance to help enhance and strengthen their skillsets. She/he will work directly with Account Executives and customers to identify, understand, and articulate customer needs with Zoom solutions within the customer’s business environment.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven and has a background in computer networking, engineering, programming, management information systems. Additionally, she/he should have strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to articulate complex topics into simple terminologies. She will work with a team to work on projects to enhanced the over organization, yet work independently through customer solution and scenarios.
Travel is kept to a minimum when offices are open. We will greatly promote the use of the amazing Zoom tools we have to maximize all the resources at Zoom.
As a Solution Engineer you will be:
- Designing next generation communication solutions for Zoom customers
- Conducting demo and proof of concepts for prospective Zoom customers
- Solution and architectural design and selling
- RFQ/RFP response/preparation
- Building competitive intelligence
- Working Across Multiple Boundaries
- Driving the Zoom Vision
- Business as well as technical acumen and executive presence
- SaaS Collaboration sales experience i.e. web conferencing, cloud voice, UCaaS
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in the collaboration and software applications industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Create, present and document technical solutions
- Ability to present topics in a clear and concise manner to many levels of technical skill sets and audience sizes
- Knowledge of business networking including route, switch, and firewall
- Collaboration solutions including real-time and near real-time platforms
- Programming knowledge around API functions
- End-to-end IT systems knowledge
- Ability to apply IT Systems knowledge to customer solution design
- Formulate and communicate a technical solution / vision
- Understand Zoom partner and ecosystem partners, products and applications
- Ability to work independently and show leadership qualities
- Be flexible and able to function in a high growth environment
- 1-3 years of technical experience in Collaboration technologies
- 1-3 years in a customer facing technical role required
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent