Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Solutions Architect at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will be accountable for supporting and driving technology solutions within the Transmission and Distribution (T&D), Power Supply and/or Customer Services portfolios to help integrate renewable energy resources, modernize, and optimize SCE’s electric grid, and introduce new computing and communication platforms all while ensuring cybersecurity is built-in to the design.
As a Solutions Architect, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Support the development of activities of the operating unit/portfolio business capabilities and direction and translate new business needs into solution architecture requirements, define multiple solution options to new and maturing business capabilities and understand the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives.
- Engage in active development of solution architecture deliverables, approaches and enforces overall Enterprise Architecture (EA) solution patterns, conduct EA reviews, gain acceptance of solutions, ensure that the solution under consideration appropriately cover all domains including application, integration, cybersecurity, and infrastructure.
- Understand and articulate the proper integration across the enterprise and influences key business stakeholders, process owners, and program and project managers to ensure that program/ project objectives are met while providing a first line of decision making on architectural governance issues.
- Engage in full project lifecycle to ensure architecture design is adhered to and provides technical leadership through design, development, testing, and implementation phases.
- Conduct code walkthrough of custom code and performs technical review/assessment of COTS product architecture.
- Coordinate with lead solution architects and Enterprise Architects to understand the appropriate business/portfolio direction and to ensure that the solution under consideration supports the direction for the business capabilities.
- Seven (7) or more years of combined experience within Information Technology, engineering, enterprise architecture, and/or application development.
- Three (3) or more years of hands-on product or project development activities including standard System Development Lifecycle models, methodologies, and coding standards.
- Experience in IT architecture and/or software and systems design/engineering disciplines and practices including industry standard approaches and frameworks.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related technical major.
- Experience working with large enterprise systems in a very complex environment.
- Experience working with senior management, executives, and other stakeholders to identify opportunities.
- Ability to create high-quality presentations, proposals, statements of work, and assessment deliverables.
- Knowledge of TOGAF or other Enterprise Architecture Standards or Frameworks
- Experience with electric utility business processes within Transmission and Distribution Engineering, Power Supply and/or Customer Service operations.
- Experience with control systems, communication networks, cybersecurity technologies, or Operational Technologies (OT)
- Experience working in projects utilizing agile development, DevOps, CI/CD
- Experience with microservices based architectures
You should know …
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.