Nexamp is seeking a Design Engineer to perform engineering and project support tasks for commercial and utility scale photovoltaic systems.
Nexamp is leading the transformation to the new energy economy with proven solutions for solar energy development, ownership, and operation. The Company's comprehensive capabilities span the entire solar project lifecycle - from project development, design and construction to financing and operations and maintenance. Nexamp's ability to provide integrated, best-in-class solutions makes solar energy simple and profitable for our clients and partners.
- Provide technical support to Nexamp development, engineering, procurement, construction, and O&M departments for the entire life cycle of a project including development, permitting, construction and asset management phases
- Create conceptual design layouts and electrical diagrams for commercial scale solar arrays utilizing AutoCAD, Helios 3D and PVcase with engineering oversight
- Create energy models for commercial & Utility scale solar arrays utilizing PVSYST and Helioscope with engineering oversight
- Interact with a variety of engineering disciplines including civil, geotechnical, structural, and electrical
- Perform site visits for project assessment and feasibility
- Support utility interconnection and permitting application processes
- Develop proficiency in the National Electrical Code (NEC) and other applicable state and local codes
- Additional duties as assigned and/or directed
- This position reports to a Senior Design Engineer
The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player.
Key qualifications as follows:
- Degree in engineering or equivalent educational/certification background
- AutoCAD proficiency
- PVSYST, Helios 3D, PVcase & Helioscope software proficiency preferred
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software proficiency
- Knowledge of electrical principles preferred
- Knowledge of industry standard design codes such as NEC, International Building Code, International Fire Code and other standards relevant to the industry preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- NABCEP Entry Level certification or equivalent preferred
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, but see yourself contributing, please submit an application. We encourage people from minority or marginalized groups to apply.
At Nexamp, our mission is building the future of energy, so it is clean, simple, and accessible for all. We believe a diverse team brings different perspectives and experiences, thus benefiting our work. We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. By encouraging a culture where ideas and decisions come from all people, we believe it will help us grow, innovate, and be a part of environmental and social change.
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp Offers! This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401 (k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance with company contribution; Flexible Paid Time Off and Company Holidays; Commuter Benefits and Cell Phone Reimbursement; as well as a Fun, Collaborative, Downtown Office Environment! We provide healthy snacks, coffee, in-office yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.