Software Quality Engineer
Are you interested in working for a purpose-driven organization that is owned by, and accountable to, its members—not its shareholders? Where you can collaborate with teams that help deliver products and services to over 1.3 million members? Then read on—BECU might just be the right fit for you.
BECU is a national leader among financial institutions. With over $29 billion in assets, we’re among the largest credit unions in the nation. We’ve been in business for over 86 years, serving the financial well-being of our community and helping our members achieve life-long financial goals.
Here’s what else sets us apart:
- Our members-first ethos.
- Unique benefits, perks and workplace culture.
- Philanthropy and community involvement.
- Remote, flexible and hybrid work opportunities.
The Software Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible for providing information to stakeholders, including data and test results regarding the quality of software/products or services under test. The QE completes functional testing to determine if the software/product or service meets defined requirements. This position is also responsible for conducting training and leading continuous improvement initiatives relating to streamlining testing and reporting processes.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU’s Competencies, compliance, regulatory, and Information Protection requirements.
- Create new test plans from existing templates, cases, scenarios, and scripts, both manual and automated, which exercise software systems under test, and provide detailed coverage of the product.
- Review and create software documentation and requirements. Use said documentation to determine, test and verify intended functionality. Publish said documentation for training and general awareness.
- Identify, document, and report bugs, errors, and other issues with software applications.
- Maintain and update regression suites ensuring long-term quality.
- Write thorough and complete test status reports and ensure their availability for automation.
- Report test preparation activities, test execution, adherence to test schedule as published in the test plan, defect information, and other data significant to test progress.
- Develop and maintain test artifacts using a test management application.
- Provide a practical approach to complex testing, specifically in the areas of the test case automation for the purposes of regression testing.
- Track, report on, and automate collection of quality assurance metrics.
- Make strategic technical decisions related to new products and functionalities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum two years of experience designing test cases and writing tests plans in a software delivery team environment required.
- Multiple Software Testing Certifications preferred including at least one security testing certification.
- Advanced knowledge in manual and automated test methodologies and test case management tools (I.E. Azure DevOps Services, TestRail, or Jira).
- Demonstrated knowledge of BECU software applications, products, services, and processes.
- Experience in Testing devices like tablets or phones required.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical ability required. Demonstrated eye for aesthetics, design choices, and format consistency required.
- Proficient computer related and developmental skills, with the ability to learn new software.
- Excellent skills in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel required.
- Basic knowledge of SQL required.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff.
- Proficient presentation skills to manage and coordinate user acceptance testing and software training.
- Full time hours required.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.