Software Engineering Manager
Huckberry is looking for a Software Engineering Manager with a passion for mentorship, planning, and digital product while still contributing meaningfully alongside the team they manage. We expect this role to partner directly with our technology leadership to develop strategy for infrastructure, maintenance, and feature development of our digital product and follow through with management of its execution.
This role is based in Austin, TX - open to remote for the right candidate
- Manage and mentor a team of frontend, backend, and full stack developers to ensure best practices around software development, including day-to-day performance. Help them develop relevant skill sets by fostering an environment of innovation, execution, and collaboration
- Ensure your team is focused on the most impactful work and delivering their work as planned by owning the management of the software development lifecycle
- Partner with the Head of Technology, Director of Digital Product, and Director of Data to plan and build the future of Huckberry
- Meaningfully contribute to a core area of Huckberry’s technical infrastructure, leveraging your prior experience as a Senior Developer
- Work closely with software engineers and our Digital Product team to scope and plan work impacting both internal and external users
- Drive execution with an emphasis on iterations and deliverables, quality, velocity, and communication
- Proactively plan key projects around security, compliance, and maintenance of Huckberry’s infrastructure
- Promote a strong technical culture that effectively balances delivering features, maintaining systems, and documenting processes for future growth
- You have experience in a role where you managed a team of software engineers and everything that comes with that
- You have experience in ticketing and planning work with Agile or a similar software development process
- You have successfully coordinated and delivered large-scale projects before that touched multiple areas of the business, product, or underlying architecture
- The ability to create and maintain a positive, healthy team environment in which everyone is supported, encouraged, and meaningfully motivated to do great work. You are a force of positivity and lift people up when they need it
Nice to Have
- You have experience working in eCommerce building systems to facilitate selling and fulfilling orders for physical products
- You have built applications in Rails and React, utilizing automated testing to ensure quality and confidence in the features and updates being delivered
- You have experience leveraging experimentation and feature flags to deploy and update web-based software
- You’ve been a long-time customer of Huckberry
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401(k) and employer match
- WFH flexibility
- Sabbatical Leave
- Summer Fridays
- Mental health resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Generous employee discount
Huckberry is a leading men’s lifestyle retailer and media company. Millions of guys trust us as their go-to resource for the coolest new gear, lifestyle inspiration, and a lot more. We were recently named one of IAB’s most disruptive consumer brands, and we’ve collaborated with everyone from Matthew McConaughey and Kelly Slater to brands like Danner, Timex, and RRL. We look forward to meeting you.
Huckberry encourages candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are always eager to further diversify our company, and we are committed to providing an inclusive environment of mutual respect where all can flourish. All of our employment decisions are based solely on merit and business need.
Huckberry does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.