Software Engineering Manager
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of building and scaling quality software in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must have experience leading successful, collaborative engineering teams, and demonstrate the ability to solve challenging systems problems. We are looking for a hands-on technical leader, who can help architect new solutions, mentor and support your team, contribute code, ensure effective code-reviews and improve our Agile development process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of multi-disciplined software engineers and establish priorities for system technical capabilities.
- Maintain and improve existing codebases and contribute technically to the overall engineering processes.
- Review, design, and vet architecture, and system design to solve complex system problems with scale and security
- Makes decisions related to technical oversight with the team, including architecture, DevOps, coding, and QA.
- Identify and encourage the adoption of new technologies, tools, and processes for the organization as needed.
- Your input will help drive the direction and format of data endpoints and your day to day efforts will include communicating architecture choices to other team members.
- Design, develop, implement and support highly complex full-stack web applications using the latest technologies and tools including React/React Native, Typescript, HTML5, CSS3 and associated technologies.
- Solve technical problems around web application system design, performance, scalability and product stability
- Write high quality code using the latest best practices.
- Influence product direction and development methodologies.
- Drive innovation by coming up with new ideas for our products and processes.
- Scrutinize software changes to ensure secure coding standards are met.
- Develop and improve continuous integration for development, testing and releases. Analyze and improve the efficiency and scalability of systems and processes.
- Collaborate with multiple teams within the company.
- 8+ years of software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management
- 3 + years of experience with REST API development in a web front end, preferably Node.js
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate test cases, monitoring services, or other areas of automation
- Must have a working knowledge of Git
- Must have a solid understanding of software engineering principles and Agile software development methodologies
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently and collaborate with a team with a diverse set of people
- Must have a desire and drive to learn new technologies and embrace the concepts of continuous improvement
- Must have a passion for creating and delivering software that is both high quality and highly innovative
- Must have excellent programming, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of professional front-end development experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Front-end development
- React Native
- Problem Solving
- Cautious and Patient
- Investigation skillset
- Experience with commercial ecommerce web and mobile development is a plus
- Knowledge of payments solutions is a plus
- Knowledge of Cannabis is a plus
Direct reports –Yes
This person may be exposed to dust, kief, cleaning chemicals, and fumes. Although systems are in place to remove these byproducts, there is still exposure to some degree. This person will be traveling between dispensaries and manufacturing facilities within AYR Wellness.