Software Engineering Manager
The Software Engineering Manager position is a skilled people manager responsible for cultivating a team of software engineers. Development occurs in two-week sprints, with tasks ranging from small bugfixes to large-scale projects that can span many months. The team supports and improves critical enterprise applications, primarily Patagonia’s ERP system, D365 Finance and Operations (D365FO). The Software Engineering Manager takes pride in their team’s output and culture, fosters an inclusive work environment and ensures Patagonia is the best place for its employees to work.
Their team owns internal business applications critical to day-to-day functioning of the company. We apply Patagonia’s core values in the support and development of our software infrastructure: quality, integrity, environmentalism, justice and not bound by convention. We expect developers to engineer reliable and performant systems to enable Patagonia’s steady growth and foster a positive community for all employees.
What You’ll Do
- 50%-75% time focused on Software Development, focused on solution design and architecture
- Engage with the team to understand career goals, evaluate performance, and conduct annual reviews
- Serve as a mentor to the engineers on the team, fostering their personal and professional growth
- Allocate engineers to product teams (Business Technology Teams) and act as a key stakeholder in each team’s success
- Manage, upgrade, and provision D365FO environments with stakeholders
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other technical teams, both inside Patagonia and externally with consultants
- Provide technical guidance during large project planning. Ex. onboarding new regions, new technologies, or new systems
- Scale the team with new hires and/or consultants
Who You Are
- Passionate - for green technology and saving our planet
- Resilient - comfortable and confident through ever changing technological advances
- Strategic - Able to think big picture and manage time
- Influential - Garners the respect and trust of the wider organization. Ready to protect the team’s attention to improve their impact
Experience You Bring
- 4+ years programming experience in AX and/or D365FO. Some experience in D365FO is required.
- 2+ years of experience with T-SQL (SQL Server and/or SQL Azure)
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of engineers.
- Professional experience with Git
- College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, team player with a commitment to success.
Hiring Range: $180,000-$210,000
Pay Range: $146,000-$219,000
At Patagonia, pay ranges are assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive, inclusive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Patagonia requires all employees who enter a Patagonia owned or operated facility or who physically interact with others as part of their job duties to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
COVID-19 Vaccinations: Patagonia requires all employees to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment.