Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2023)
As a Dropbox intern, you are part of a top-notch learning experience with engineers from all backgrounds. You’ll work side-by-side with a dedicated, experienced engineer as your mentor and have ownership of a high-impact project.
Our goal is to create a robust and impactful learning experience. You can expect to learn how to collaborate with full-timers across the engineering, product, and design teams and receive regular and effective feedback on your work to help you continuously improve. We’ll also help you connect with fellow interns, establish mentors, and build the foundation of a strong professional network.
We will work with you to accommodate your school end and start dates culminating in a minimum of a 12-week long internship.
As an intern, you work side-by-side with Dropbox engineers. Here are some examples numerous types of roles and teams that you can have an impact on:
- Product Engineering- Build delightful full-stack user experiences that tackle real customer needs and help drive tons of revenue for Dropbox. As a product engineering intern you can expect to work across backend, API, desktop, mobile and web.
- Infrastructure Engineering- Craft the building blocks that let us scale Dropbox to handle millions of concurrent connections, hundreds of billions of files, and hundreds of petabytes of data.
- Analytics Engineering- Measure, optimize, and build one of the industry’s most advanced analytics platforms to derive insights from vast amounts of data. Our massive scale means you’ll work with more data than many other analytics firms combined.
- Mobile Engineering- Craft the Dropbox client experience on mobile devices by learning and applying the ins and outs of iOS and Android SDK using Objective-C, Swift, Java and C++. You are also responsible for building the backend systems that power the mobile experiences and optimize the protocol between client and server for reliability, efficiency and speed.
- Front End Engineering- Help keep our websites up and running by applying everything our application engineers do with the curiosity and interest in building fast, scalable, and responsive Dropbox experiences for the modern web, using technologies like Typescript, React, and Redux.
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)- Build the software and automation that controls the hardware to run our products. Work with a team who lives on the boundary of software and hardware and develop a deep understanding of the inner workings of our products, our commitment to ensuring our products work well on real-world hardware in our data centers, and serve as the first line of defense when something goes with our production infrastructure or services.
- Security Engineering- People trust Dropbox to keep their data secure, and at Dropbox we rely on our security engineers to make our products safe. You are a software engineer with a deep interest in building software that is secure yet easy to use. Security engineers collaborate with product teams to secure our software, production infrastructure, website, desktop and mobile apps and our corporate infrastructure and devices.
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Experience writing or shipping software as part of coursework, personal projects, internships, coding competitions or research
- Passion for learning, solving problems, and challenging the status quo
- Available for Summer 2023 full time internship (40 hours per week / 12 weeks)
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) rate for the role is $8,000/mo, subject to change.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s productivity, learning & development, wellness, co-working space
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).