Software Engineering Intern
Do well by doing good.
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies. Millions of consumers use our content and tools to research and evaluate solar, batteries, community solar and other energy products and services. Our brand is trusted by consumers and thought leaders. Check out our coverage in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and more.
We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with teams in Serbia, we are currently 120+ employees and growing rapidly.
Our team operates on a hybrid work schedule with 3 days of onsite collaboration.
As a Software Engineering Intern, you'll work alongside our professional engineers on our core product, applying your software engineering abilities to build new features and help us continue to improve the experience of buying and selling clean energy products online. You'll learn industry best practices from your fellow engineers and have immediate opportunities to apply them.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on a cross-functional team with engineers, product managers and designers to build and improve our user-facing online platform
- Support integrations of third party tools (analytics, real-time communications, solar data providers, CRM, etc.)
- Field ad hoc data reporting queries, and implement tools to facilitate future data reporting
- Work with the Engineering Team to tackle new challenges as they arise
What We Look For:
- Undergraduate junior or senior or master's candidate working towards a degree in computer science or related field
- Dependable team player with excellent communication skills
- Curious, quick learner, self-starter
- Comfortable with a start-up environment; ability to wear multiple hats, switch gears quickly and pitch in where needed
- Experience with at least some of the tools we use:
- Django or other modern MVC web framework
- Elegant, maintainable cross-device HTML and CSS
- Unit testing, QA, debugging skills
- SQL databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Git or other modern VCS tools
- REST APIs (consumer & provider; e.g., how much solar power can your roof produce?)
- Docker, Ansible, CI, DevOps tools
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job - but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications above, we’d still love to hear from you. Tell us about the unique qualities you might bring in your cover letter.
We are EnergySage
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.