Software Engineer - Video
ZoomRemote Office (CA) - Bay Area5 months ago
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we’ve been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
You will join the Video Engineering team as a Video Codec Software Engineer to develop video codec standard for Zoom's products!
We are seeking a passionate Video Codec Software Engineer to implement and optimize video codec standard in order to improve real-time video quality and performance on Zoom video product.
- Leverage hardware to accelerate video encoder/decoder on different platform and OS
- Possess strong skills in the areas of development and real-time implementation of video encoder/decoder.
- Participate in developing new video codec standard
- Participate in codec optimization
- Troubleshooting existing problems and provide solutions.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Prior industry experience preferred but not required.
- Proficient in C++ and C programming
- Prior experience of x86/64 or arm assembly coding.
- Prior experience of multi thread programming
- Experienced in system hardware tool such as MFT, Video Toolbox, MediaCodec, VA-API
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong team player.