Software Engineer, Mobile Application, iOS
ZoomSan Jose (CA)5 months ago
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we’ve been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
The Zoom Client Application team is here to perform client application development for Zoom Meeting, Zoom Webinar, Zoom Chat, and Zoom Phone on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android. We are looking for an energetic and passionate iOS Software Engineer who will perform client application development for Zoom Meeting, Zoom Webinar, Zoom Chat, and Zoom Phone. In this role, you will utilize your knowledge of mobile client application programming to scale these widely-used Zoom programs on iOS.
What you'll do:
- Write iOS mobile client applications for Zoom’s meeting/webinar, instant messaging and soft-phone products and develop prototypes quickly.
- Design major software components and features.
- Work closely with Engineering partners, Product and Project Managers, Product Designers, and DevOps to drive engineering release and deliver success.
- Partner with technical support and customer success, while also communicating with customers to troubleshoot product issues and deliver happiness to our users.
Skills you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
- 5 years of software programming experience
- 3 years of experience in mobile client application development for iOS using Objective-C and C/C++
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related.
- Programming experience in iOS UI/UX and multithreading.
- Debugging and performance benchmark experience on iOS.
- Experience with specialist domains: secure communications, inter-app data exchange, presence, push, directory lookup, single sign-on authentication, and identity and access management
- Knowledge of iOS frameworks, 2D and 3D graphics frameworks and MVC application design.
- Excellent foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for minimum binary size, maximum performance, and large scale.
- Good communication skills.