Software Engineer IV
Our dream of revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry is no small feat, and we're looking for talented people to make it a reality. When you join Mindbody + ClassPass, you’ll work with kind, intelligent people and enjoy unrivaled benefits. You’ll also share in a true culture of purpose and passion centered around helping people live happier, healthier lives. We’re not just another thriving company—we’re far and away the leader of our industry. So join the team, and let’s see what we can accomplish together!
Who we are
At Mindbody + ClassPass, we’re innovating for the future of wellness by bringing together the best of both sides of the market: Mindbody is the industry’s most trusted technology platform, empowering tens of thousands of wellness brands around the world with the software and resources they need to run and grow their businesses. ClassPass is one of the most popular apps for fitness lovers and self-care enthusiasts, partnering with over 30,000 fitness studios, gyms, salons, and spas around the world. We’re on a mission to create a wellness community for all—opening the doors to more authentic, local wellness experiences than ever before.
About the right team member
Software Engineers work in the Mindbody software development life cycle, including specification, design and implementation and testing of new features and bug fixing. Software Engineers are responsible for their own code and bugs.
About the role
The Software Engineer IV designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software applications for our core product. This includes developing software components including Frameworks, APIs, Websites, Utilities, Databases and Internet-related tools.
Skills & experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of industry experience in programming web applications, mobile and/or large-scale enterprise products.
- Deep knowledge of the Microsoft Development Stack: C#, ASP, .NET, .NET Core, MVC, ADO/ADO.NET, LINQ, AJAX, IIS, PowerShell.
- Extended experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience in Visual Studio.
- Familiar with AWS services including EKS, EC2, ElastiCache, DynamoDb, SNS, SQS.
- Familiar with SDLC and programming design patterns.
- Familiar with Agile methodology.
- Familiar with DevOps principles.
- Skillful at reviewing new feature impact on an application and recognizing potential risks.
- Skilled at analyzing performance in a service.
- Uses time effectively and efficiently.
- Quickly learns new technologies.
- Capable of forming new software teams.
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude.
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing.
Principal duties & responsibilities
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, investigating problem areas, following the software development lifecycle.
- Conducts systems analysis and makes recommendations to improve the system to achieve an outcome.
- Identifies opportunities for improving system reliability, security, and stability then working with product owners to prepare backlog items for the team.
- Promotes internal best practices and coding conventions to write and execute tests for your own code, including creating comprehensive unit tests.
- Contributes to technical documentation.
- Implements best practices based on companywide policies and standards.
- Occasional on-call rotation duty to respond to after-hours system incidents.
- Requests constructive feedback for designs early in the process.
- Communicates successfully with large teams and many personalities.
- Provides mentorship for Software Engineers and participates in interview panels to hire new Software Engineers.
- Assists in removing obstacles for the team to yield successful sprints.
- Performs peer code reviews to ensure quality of the codebase.
- Ability to delegate work to junior engineers.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Works effectively with multiple projects and departments.
- All other duties as assigned.
It is Mindbody’s intent to pay all Team Members competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair and equitable. The goal of Mindbody’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees, and encourage Team Members to stay with our organization.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location.
The base salary range for this position in the United States is $141,000 to $211,500. The total compensation package for this position may also include performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Sound like the role for you? We’d love to hear from you! Even if you’re not 100% sure about potential fit, we still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for the right person, not the perfect series of checkboxes.
Mindbody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected characteristics.
California Applicants Privacy Notice | UK/EU Applicants Privacy Notice