Software Engineer III
The world of working and learning has changed. This is your opportunity to be a part of a brand transformation and growth strategy within the retail industry. Staples is helping our customers and community discover innovative products, services, and inspiration that unlock what’s possible, while empowering you to unlock your potential. Our people are the heart of our success and there has never been a better time to join us as we lead the way in a new era of working and learning.
The Staples Retail Web Development team is looking for a technically proficient and motivated individual who thrives on challenges and is a proven self-starter. This individual will be joining a team responsible for building new features and functionality in the Staples US Retail web experience. This individual will possess a great depth of experience working in the software development discipline. This role will directly contribute to the continued build-out and expansion of the US Retail Web experience and function in a lead capacity, providing technical direction to other engineers.
Come be a part of a team that's leading the way in a new era of working and learning.
Get great perks.
- Generous amount of paid time off
- Flexible work arrangements, including hybrid and remote
- 401(k) plan with a company match, full benefits plan and options, and associate resource groups
- Associate store discount and more perks (discounts on mobile plans, movie tickets, etc.)
- Corporate office includes a café (i.e., coffee, cappuccinos, teas), 24/7 fitness center, convenience store, on-site dry cleaning, Chef Louie’s Cafeteria, and more
- Design, develop and implement business and technical features on the Staples US Retail website
- Directly contribute to engineering encompassing the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of backend systems.
- Provide oversight to engineering activities conducted within the team: application architecture, API design, database design, and best practices
- Create and evolve application documentation as required
- Technical coach for junior Engineers
Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Computer Science, MIS, or another technical field).
- Minimum 5-7+ years of full software development lifecycle experience
- Must be able to write effective, testable, scalable, and clean code
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns, and software development best practices
- Strong understanding of NoSQL and SQL databases
- Excellent understanding of microservices, REST APIs, and application security best practices.
- Experience with writing robust unit tests.
- Experience in coaching other technical resources as well as in managing stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to drive engineering and operational excellence via simple architecture, clean code, and proactive monitoring.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with proven experience designing and implementing solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task, shift gears quickly, work independently and collaboratively, adapt easily to shifting priorities, process changes, and schedule changes.
- Experience working with Jira, Bitbucket, GIT, Jenkins, Angular 10+
- Experience working with Content Management Systems
Want to learn more about Staples Stores?
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.