As a Software Engineer at Turnitin, you’ll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-up, a highly flexible work environment, a culture of innovation, and most importantly other talented engineers, designers, and product managers to interact with and learn from.
- Make significant contributions implementing our shared services, as well as help maintain and upgrade existing ones.
- Hands-on position which requires 90-95% of writing code.
- Ensure future success and stability through code reviews and automated testing.
- Work closely with software architects and database/operations engineers on system infrastructure and design.
- 3+ years experience of designing and developing applications using Java
- Experience in more modern Java technologies
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases
- 1+ year of cloud development with AWS preferred
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with software development best practices (e.g. design patterns, test-driven development, code profiling, debugging).
- Effective technical and cross-functional communication (product, design, operations).
- Knowledge and experience of industry trends and technology advancements relating to distributed systems, cloud, platform as a service, and software as a service.
- Experience in building cloud-ready solutions based on microservices and multi-tenancy architecture.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Nice to Have:
- Hands-on experience with pure core Java development & performance tuning
- Experience with Cloud Native solutions preferably AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, S3, etc)
- Experience with different architecture types including event-driven architecture
- Experience in working with geographically distributed teams including the USA & European countries
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of ExamSoft. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.