Snapchat is a camera and messaging app that connects people to their friends and the world. Every day around the globe, millions of people use Snapchat to communicate with friends, build relationships, play, and learn. No matter where you are or how you express yourself, it’s always the fastest way to share a moment!
Snap Engineering teams build fun and technically sophisticated products that reach hundreds of millions of Snapchatters around the world, every day. We’re deeply committed to the well-being of everyone in our global community, which is why our values are at the root of everything we do. We move fast, with precision, and always execute with privacy at the forefront.
Some core features we build and maintain include Snapchat’s Camera, Creative Tools, Maps, Chat, Memories, Stories, Discover, Games, and Minis. Our Infrastructure teams deliver an innovative and cost-efficient platform that ensures Snapchat is the fastest way to communicate with your friends, no matter where you are in the world. We have one of the fastest growing digital ad platforms, and our Monetization teams drive measurable returns for advertisers through novel ad formats like Augmented Reality. As a Snap Engineering team member, you’ll help us build the future of communication.
We're looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join the Engineering team!
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and operate our most critical and scalable services
- Work across teams to understand product requirements, evaluate trade-offs, and deliver the solutions needed to build innovative products
- Advocate for and apply best practices when it comes to availability, scalability, operational excellence, and cost management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Infrastructure and large-scale system design
- Security Networking and data storage
- Machine learning and natural language processing tools
- Proven track record of operating highly-available systems at significant scale
- Experience with Java, C++, and/or Python
- Background with NoSQL solutions, Memcache/Redis, Kubernetes, or Google/AWS services
- Understanding the operational aspects of your system and may participate in incident or hotfix investigation and resolution
- BS/BA degree in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!