We’re on a mission to end the debt cycle—and help our customers and their communities unlock economic mobility for generations to come. Join the team that’s making our goal a reality. At Possible, we’re building a new type of consumer finance company. One that helps our customers stay out of debt rather than profits from them staying in it. As a Public Benefit Corporation, our mission and responsibility are to help communities unlock economic mobility—with affordable credit products designed to improve financial health.
Founded in 2017, our lead VCs are Canvas and Union Square Ventures. We are a fully distributed company with a global workforce. We have over 100,000 reviews on the App Store with a 4.8 star average rating. Just as we are committed to building a new type of consumer finance company, we are equally dedicated to the employee experience.
MCU is a critical team for the company. The MCU team is responsible for money movement, the user journey, and communications with users. It both owns the core portion of the user in the app as well as handles all money transfers for the product teams. They work extensively with both product as well as CS to enable new ways to serve our customers both in communication as well as enabling new ways to disburse funds as well as pay off their loans.
This is a critical role with much impact to our mission with the ability to help millions of people across America. In this role you will be presented with many exciting FE problems to solve from designing features to scaling the FE Software Development function. And you will work across groups and have lots of collaboration opportunities.
- Design, code, and maintain components of our mobile/web applications
- Actively participate in the entire software lifecycle including hands-on development, code reviews, testing, deployment, and documentation
- Work closely with product managers to define the scope and shape of products and features
- Translate product requirements into user stories and technical solutions
- Mentor junior team members as necessary
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years of programming experience on a modern technology stack
- Strong knowledge of React JS and/or React Native
- Extensive experience with Android and iOS native development
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Experience driving projects from zero to one, and one to many
- Bias for solving problems and shipping impactful features into production
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, reviewing and refining designs together, doing code reviews and managing pull requests
What we offer
Possible Finance is on a mission to help communities break the debt cycle and unlock economic mobility for generations to come. With the backing of our venture investors (Union Square Ventures, Canvas Ventures, Euclidean Capital, Unlock Venture Partners), a loyal following of hundreds of thousands of customers, and a fantastic team, we’re unwavering in our fight for financial fairness. As one of only a few fintech Public Benefit Corporations, we’ve baked our dual commitment to building a profitable and socially impactful company right into our charter; we only succeed when our customers do too. If you’d like to help us ship financial products that protect consumers from predatory lending practices and promote financial health, give us a shout.
Our fully distributed, multi-cultural team is located across North America, Latin America, Asia, and Africa. Our synchronous coordination hours are between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Pacific Time.