At Sparrow, we pair advanced software with deep domain expertise to enable employers to provide all kinds of leaves (i.e. family, medical, etc.) to their employees with no overhead and a simple seamless experience.
The leave management process has traditionally been painful and inefficient for everyone involved. Company leaders struggle to keep up with regulations and processes that change frequently, and are often unable to take advantage of various benefit programs, leaving money on the table. Employees going on leave are overwhelmed by bureaucracy at an exceptionally important juncture in their lives and careers.
Sparrow aims to transform this tedious, error-prone, and time-consuming process into a quick and simple one, saving teams time (20-40 hours per leave) and money (up to $25K per leave), and providing employees a seamless leave experience.
Sparrow is a diverse, highly talented and supportive team. Together, we are hardworking, collaborative, smart, and humble—after all, we’re solving real problems.
About the role
- Work with Leave Specialists to help automate paperwork, collect information securely, and create new tools to make the leave experience as seamless as possible.
- Work across the stack to create libraries that will scale with the company.
- Write tests to ensure the product is built on a reliable foundation.
- Collaborate with your teammates to build a cohesive and beautiful product.
- Strong Foundations. Bachelors in CS or similar degree, or equivalent experience.
- Excited to learn from teammates and Leave Specialists. Enjoy working in a team.
- Learner's mindset. Self-directed, adaptable, and up for feedback in a fast paced, always changing environment.
Ultimately, though, most important to us is someone who is passionate about applying technology to real difficult problems, who loves building beautiful useful products, and who finds our mission compelling. If that is you, please reach out to us!
Sparrow is making it possible for more companies to support their employees at the time when they need it most. We significantly improve the lives of those we support. We strive to be the best in the industry by addressing long-standing problems in the process and providing exceptional service. The insights you will gain in customer needs will make you an invaluable team member for our product and engineering team. We are a tight-knit team that works hard to achieve goals and still makes time to have fun.
To learn more about the Sparrow team and its benefits, check out our careers page. Our compensation packages are competitive and we believe in paying for performance.
Sparrow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes us all stronger.
In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions:
- Why Sparrow?
- Why are you a good fit for this role?
- What are your feelings about puppies?