WHO IS KINSHIP?
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. We’re building the future of pet care, combining insights, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be - and to ultimately create a better world for pets. Kinship is a business division of Mars Petcare, the global leader in pet health, nutrition, and services, and dedicated to one purpose: A Better World for Pets.
OUR FAMILY OF BRANDS
- Adopt-a-Pet the destination for finding homes for homeless pets; we help animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies connect their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month
- Wisdom Panel our world-leading genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs
- Whistle the award-winning GPS dog tracker and health monitor
- Pet Insight Project our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights
- Vet Insight our expert-driven, on-demand pet health platform
- The Wildest the destination that helps pet parents keep their cool in the wild world of pet parenting
- GoodFriend a marketplace for all your pet’s people, connecting pet owners with their people, from groomers, trainers, to veterinarians and experts
- PetExec is here to help organizations of all sizes in managing their daycare, boarding, grooming, and training operations
Together, these teams work to set new standards in pet care. And, as a part of Mars Petcare, they work to create a better world for pets.
POSITION DUTIES: Software Engineer is responsible for translating customer service requests to technical needs by developing and deploying the necessary application technologies and software. Software Engineer will partner with the customer service teams to evaluate customer issues; engineering teams to develop and deploy changes to the core engineering capabilities for turning around fixes for our customer facing issues; and Product Management teams to derive any meaningful data from the backend systems to help distill any scenarios that will influence the product roadmap.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical
Engineering, or related field and five (5) years of experience as a Software Developer, Tech Specialist, or
Education or experience with the following:
- Building applications on Salesforce through both configuration using Lightning Flows, Workflows, Process Builders and Customization using Lighting Framework and LWC
- Utilizing advanced data processing and analytics at the datasource level
- Interfacing with RESTful APIs
- Applying industry standard methodologies, including GitHub, Gitflow, CI, CD, etc
- Deploying software to major cloud platforms, such as AWS, Heroku, GCP, etc.
- May work remotely within commuting distance to Portland, OR
JOB LOCATION: 926 NW 13 th Avenue, Suite 250, Portland, OR 97209
WAGE RANGE: $138,528 to $171,000 per year
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Opportunities to impact and grow the business on a day to day basis
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for Full-Time Employees and their families
- Unlimited paid time off for Full-Time Employees
- Hybrid work environment
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby) for Full-Time Employees
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship
Kinship is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Note to Search Firms/Agencies:
Kinship does not compensate search firms for unsolicited assistance unless they have a written search agreement with Kinship and the requisition is position-specific. Any resumes, curriculum vitae, and other unsolicited assistance from search firms that do not have a written search agreement or position-specific requisition submitted to any Associate of Kinship will be deemed the sole property of Kinship and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Kinship.