Why Work at Lenovo
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology that builds a brighter, more sustainable and inclusive future for our customers, colleagues, communities, and the planet.
And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re not just a US$70 billion revenue Fortune Global 500 company, we’re one of Fortune’s Most Admired. We’re transforming the world through intelligent transformation, offering the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices, infrastructure, and solutions. With more than 71,500 employees doing business in 180 markets, we help millions—not just the select few—experience our version of a smarter future.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you...
As a member of the Software Platform Security team, you will work on delivering world-class, secure smartphones that protect our customers and enable new features and experiences. You will work closely with a small, global team of software security engineers, and other software teams, to enhance the overall security of our Android-based software platform. You will be an active contributor to our automated security analysis tools, and use these tools to help discover and mitigate vulnerabilities.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Design and implement security features into our Android-based software platform. Features may impact the bootloader, Trustzone, kernel, and/or the Android platform.
- Work closely with both fellow software security engineers and other software and hardware engineers to analyze software design and code (mostly Java, Kotlin, C/C++ - both platform code and applications) for security vulnerabilities, and help work out mitigation strategies
- Drive improvement of technologies for identifying and mediating security issues
- Share security incident management and response duties with the rest of the team
- Develop and maintain our SELinux policy infrastructure, and help analyze and debug sepolicy issues
- Cultivate a strong security engineering culture at Motorola, and help drive secure software development practices in the organization
- BS/MS degree in CS, EE, or a related engineering discipline
- 5+ years embedded firmware development experience; Linux and/or Android a plus
- Proficient in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Kotlin, Python
- Knowledge of mobile platform security threats and mitigation strategies
- Familiarity with security testing tools and techniques
- Familiarity with cryptography and application of cryptographic protocols
- Excellent debugging skills to solve challenging problems
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with basic security and cryptography and/or hardware security concepts
- Experience in Android Application Development
- Experience developing Enterprise security solutions including EMM/MDM solutions
- Familiarity with wireless protocols (e.g. broadband cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, USB, etc.) and sensors
- Experience in product security certifications such as FIPS, Common Criteria
About Motorola Mobility
Motorola Mobility, A Lenovo Company, is one of the world’s fastest-growing smartphone providers, creating groundbreaking, affordable, high-quality products. And it’s our people who make this all happen. We are thinkers, risk-takers and problem solvers, working together to constantly challenge the status quo. We are a global company, but each team is small, and team members have a huge influence over the products they work on. Come help us develop our smartphones!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.
Lenovo adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for US-based employees. As a condition of employment, employees must adhere to Lenovo’s US Vaccination Policy and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to any applicable accommodations. To be fully vaccinated means individuals must receive the full series of a vaccine either approved by the FDA or WHO and listed by the CDC (e.g. two dose of the Moderna, AstraZeneca or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines; or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). This applies to all US-based employees, contractors and interns, regardless of work location. As a condition of employment, you must provide proof that you are fully vaccinated or follow Lenovo’s accommodation process.