The software engineering team builds the ecommerce platform and internal tooling that support our mission to eliminate food waste and build a kinder food system. Engineers don’t just build widgets -- we participate in the full lifecycle of a feature, from conception to release. We have heaps of interesting problems to solve around customer experience, logistics, supply chain and scale. We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to help us take the work out of grocery shopping by building delightfully functional web and mobile experiences.
If owning the full product engineering lifecycle, sustainability, preventing food waste, and working daily with a bunch of pleasant people excites you, come join us!
- Collaborate with other team members to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Own the full software development lifecycle, from initial concepts, requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment and maintenance
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing maintainable code)
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to Imperfect customers and internal users
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology developments related to your domain
- 3+ years professional experience in full-stack software engineering
- Previous experience with or an appetite to learn .NET / F#
- Highly adept with asynchronous application logic to fetch data from APIs
- Understanding of database schema design, caching and scalability
- Expertise with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience building resilient, loosely coupled microservices
- A strong commitment to crafting maintainable, dependable code
- A pragmatic, customer-centric approach to problem solving
Details of the Position:
- Full-time/exempt position reporting to the Chief Technology Officer
- This is 100% remote
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Salary Estimate: $110,000-$145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have, and comparison to other employees already in this role. Most candidates start in the bottom half of the range.
Imperfect's commitment to DEI
Imperfect Foods is steadfast in its commitment to being an actively anti-racist company.
We understand that it is necessary to take ownership and accountability for building an equitable workplace where all members of our organization can truly belong. It is our responsibility to ensure that every department at every level of our business reflects the diversity of the world we live in. We aim to achieve this through our hiring practices and by championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programming that fosters a supportive work environment where everyone can thrive and have connections across teams.
DEI programming is available for all employees and we highly encourage staff participation. It is only with everyone’s unique perspectives, experiences, and beliefs that we can help shape a culture of belonging and create an environment where all Imperfectionists are celebrated.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
COVID update for on-site employees:
All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).