The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Software Engineer Consultant II implements applications following 12-factor principles to build out the product and iterative enhancements. They own the full stack of software products, developing and implementing frontends (web or mobile), and backend services. They leverage test driven development and continuous integration to ensure agility and quality of products. They actively participate in the decision-making process of the team ensuring that the simplest appropriate technology and design is chosen to meet user needs.
Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team’s backlog
- Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
- Participates in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
- Provides input into the architecture and design of the product; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way
- Practices daily paired programming and test-driven development in writing software and building product
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- Provides support for software products in user environments
Education and Experience:
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object-oriented design principles
- Basic understanding of distributed systems, operating systems, networking, databases, security, and analytics
- Experience in backend development design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging and big data development, implementation and optimization
- Actual experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps
- Knowledge and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring
- Experience in Test Driven Development; including knowledge and experience in testing frameworks like junit, mockito, jasmine, protractor, cucumber, and other like technologies
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.