As an entry-level Software Engineer, you are responsible for developing high-quality applications and writing code on a daily basis. This includes heavy collaboration with product managers, architects, and other software engineers to build best-in-class software using modern technologies and an agile development process.
NOTE: This position is not remote, and will require you to work onsite at our Augusta, GA office.
You will also...
- Develop applications that provide a delightful user experience
- Develop clean, reusable, well-structured, and maintainable code following best practices and industry standards
- Develop elegant, responsive, high-performance, cross-platform solutions
- Develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- Write automated unit, integration, and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Contribute to team efforts on support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
- Participate in and learn from code and design reviews
- Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
- Work with team members to develop prototypes as necessary and validate ideas with a data-driven approach.
- Associate’s degree in a related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Applied Sciences - OR - a Software Development bootcamp certificate - OR - equivalent professional experience.
- No professional experience is required
- Experience using or exposure to code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience working with and understanding of RESTful APIs
- Understanding of MySQL or other relational data storage technologies
- Passion for software development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Bonus points for...
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (or equivalent) in related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Applied Sciences
- Professional experience in software engineering or another relevant field
- Understanding of Unit Testing Frameworks and best practices
- Understanding of Agile Methodology and Practices
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
🏝 Flexible paid time off
⚕️ Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
💪 Monthly fitness reimbursement
🤑 401(k) matching
🍼 New-Parent Paid Leave
🏖 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
👖 Casual work environments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.