We are looking for a Software Engineer who loves to work on large-scale projects, at one of the most exciting and diverse divisions within Microsoft. Are you looking for big, creative challenges that show immediate results since your customers will be just down the hall? Do you want to be at the core of it all, acting as a force multiplier enabling groups of engineers to do their best work? If so, we have the perfect job for you!
The ES365 (Microsoft 365 Engineering Systems) team owns the tools that make up the end-to-end developer experience in Office and Substrate from source control and check-in experience to build, validation, and deployment automation, and we’re making big, bold changes – for the better! We’re making it easy to build and ship apps across platforms and endpoints, and we’re moving away from proprietary, internal-only tools onto “one Microsoft” investments, open source, and industry standard tools. This is an exciting time as we seek to re-invent productivity leveraging the power of AI universally.
We’re a growing team and have opportunities that span a wide range of front-end and back-end technologies including web application development, cli development, back-end services, machine learning, managed code, native code, cross-platform, databases, distributed systems, cloud services, and more.
If you are excited about making engineers productive and happy by developing tools and services, we want you in ES365. Come be at the center of Microsoft 365 and join the team that is building the future of Engineering Systems at Microsoft!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field AND 2+ years technical engineering experience with coding in C# language
- OR equivalent experience.
- Experience in building highly available distributed systems at scale.
- Experience working across disciplines, groups, and teams.
- Experience architecting and delivering distributed cloud services, Azure preferred.
- Experience in machine learning.
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $94,300 - $182,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $120,900 - $198,600 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
- Work with engineers, product managers, designers, and partner teams to deliver a set of features with the right overall design and architecture.
- Own and deliver complete features across the development lifecycle, including design, architecture, implementation, testability, debugging, shipping, and servicing.
- Write clean, well-thought-out code with an emphasis on quality, performance, simplicity, durability, scalability, and maintainability.
- Be committed to delivering the best experience for our customers.
- Help create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self and where we do our best work as a result.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Educational resources
- Discounts on products and services
- Savings and investments
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Generous time away
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.