Software Development Engineer II
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Are you passionate about being part of an engineering team that delivers new world-class experiences of Virtual Agent chat-bot technologies to travelers and travel agents worldwide?
Expedia’s Conversation Platform Technology team are responsible for building accelerators, products and processes that power the Conversational Platform at Expedia Group. In this role, you will collaborate to craft effortless customer and travel agent experiences worldwide in Expedia apps, web sites, support channels, and contact centers. We support over 15 thousand agents and over 100 million customer interactions a year with a global brand portfolio and workforce.
If you have strong web development skills and enjoy building web-based UI’s on a modern web stack, this team is the place for you. Add a healthy passion for wrestling with complex software systems and a desire to build automation tools, and you’ll be set apart from the crowd. If teamwork, ownership, recognition, simplification, and test-and-learn speaks to you - and the thought of joining a growing team excites you - we want to talk to you!
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design, analysis, development, and deployment efforts for multiple enterprise application projects to tackle complex business problems
- Produce scalable, flexible, efficient, and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies
- You will share domain and industry knowledge between cross-functional teams
- Work with the product team to quickly prototype and iterate on new ideas - and you’ll build fast, easy-to-use, and intuitive applications
- You will research and recommend frameworks and architectural/code design patterns
- You will advise on technical limitations of software design for products and provide alternative solutions
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s in Software or related technical field; or equivalent related professional experience
- Bachelor's or experience in building at least 3 software projects independently
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience building full-stack applications with Java, Node.js, React, etc.
- Deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multi-threading concepts
- Self-starter that enjoys and takes pride in the development work of their team
- A strong passion for solving complex software engineering puzzles
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and exciting environment
- Tests, debugs, and fixes issues within established SLAs
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.