Who we are?
Creating a planet fueled by reliable, clean energy isn’t what keeps us up at night; it’s what gets us out of bed. At Opus One Solutions, our software platform GridOS® helps us pursue solutions that will change how countries access, optimize and distribute electrical energy. From microgrids that keep things running in the event of an outage, to helping electric utilities optimize their operations and allowing homeowners to feed energy into a power grid, we're powering a more sustainable future.
Our tech stack:
Our tech stack is deep because we interact with real things in the real world where the outcome matters. Our systems collect, analyze, and interact with other systems in real-time. Our engineering team uses:
- Python and Flask to build the backend of GridOS.
- React and Typescript to build the frontend of GridOS.
- PyTest and Jest to test our web application.
- Docker, Terraform and Ansible for containerization and deployment.
- Gitlab for repository management and CI.
Opus One Solutions is looking for a Software Developer who wants to be a key player on our GridOS team. The GridOS team at Opus One builds our flagship product, GridOS. It’s a cross-functional team with expertise in frontend, backend and power system analysis.
Who are you?
You are a strong Python developer and you enjoy working autonomously to solve complex problems. You have developed database-backed web services. You’re familiar with software security and deployment workflows. You have experience with software that gets deployed on the cloud and maybe even on-premises within a customer’s data center. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to think creatively and be innovative. Someone ready to step out of their comfort zone. Someone eager to build a robust, resilient and high-availability product. This is a chance to be at the forefront of new technology and help us answer the question “How do you build, test & deploy software that will create a cleaner and smarter grid that solves clients’ engineering problems?”.
What will our new Software Developer work on?
- Design and implement high quality, robust, and reusable software using multiple languages and technologies conforming to industry best practices.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and open source libraries to provide recommendations.
- Support testing processes, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Participate in architectural design sessions and product discussions.
- Work closely with other developers with a diverse skill set and technology expertise to provide scalable solutions.
- Work in an Agile/SCRUM team setting including cross-functional structures and varying levels of management.
Here’s what you bring:
- The education. You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- The experience. You have 5+ years developing Python web apps. You’re familiar with version control systems and Python testing frameworks.
- The technical expertise. You have expertise in Python. Your programming skills are strong and you can quickly learn new technologies.
- The passion. You are equally passionate about cleantech as you are about quality coding.
- The vision. You can focus on the big picture and the details. Robust, reliable and scalable is your motto.
- The communication. You have exceptional written and oral communication skills. You are a strong presenter.
- The energy. You thrive in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- The innovation. You have the ability to anticipate problems and provide creative, quick - and reliable - solutions.
Why join Opus One Solutions?
We are all driven by one common goal: to accelerate the integration of clean and sustainable energy in North America and the world. Recognized by Red Herring as one of North America’s top 100 private technologies and a top 100 global cleantech company for three years running, Opus One is leaving its mark in North America, Europe and Asia with exciting grid modernization projects with leading utility companies that are helping the world become more sustainable.
At Opus One Solutions we understand that not everyone develops their talent and hones their skills in a traditional way. Different paths and experiences are part of the diversity we know we need to succeed. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here.
Opus One Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.