Software Billing Architect
ZoomSan Jose (CA) - Remote Office (CA) Bay Area -Phoenix (AZ) - Remote Office (AZ)5 months ago
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we’ve been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
The Billing Engineering Team is responsible to deliver an awesome buying user experience, enable self-serve actions to manage Billing and Services for the customers, Usage rating, build billing operation tools and reporting capabilities. Our goal is to create a unified Billing platform for Consumers and Partners, ability to sell Zoom products (standalone vs bundles, standard vs promotions/discounts, recurring vs usage) through Online and API. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!
- Build and maintain Zoom’s Online eCommerce Flow, Middleware & Third-party Integration and Service provisioning solutions
- Designing and managing the solution engineering in relation to Billing and Payment functions in Zoom’s eCommerce platforms
- Design modules to optimize Payment Infrastructure to expand the International reach of Zoom’s Payment Methods
- Utilize Agile Software Methodology to deliver solutions iteratively and produce high quality technical design documents that utilize UML diagrams and design patterns
- Responsible for the design and development of the backend platform architecture of the Zoom Billing web project
- Develop tools to automate Billing System operations and deliver Business System capabilities to optimize Finance and Billing Support team’s business processes
- Collaborate with other Enterprise Systems teams to deliver end-to-end solutions utilizing Billing, CRM, CPQ, Taxation and Payment systems
- Be able to host presentations and trainings to professional peers
- Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products and participates in educational opportunities
- Resolve escalated support requests for existing environments
- BS/MS degree Computer Science or related area or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of total software engineering experience
- Minimum of 5 years of architecture/solution design experience
- Expert in designing and implementing applications using micro-services
- Be proficient in Java language, familiar with HTTP protocol and servlet specification, and master Java open source frameworks such as Spring, Spring MVC, Spring boot, and mybatis, etc
- Experience with Java Servlets, API services using REST methodologies
- Experience with Java Multithreading: concurrent data structures, parallel algorithms, and thread management
- Expertise with relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, DynamoDB, Hbase, Redis and/or others
- Familiar with Linux system and the use of high-performance application server nginx and Tomcat
- Familiar with popular message middleware such as Kafka, rocketmq, etc.
- Strong design and coding skills, understand object-oriented design, familiar with object-oriented design principles, master design patterns and application scenarios
- Strong familiarity with source code management and continuous integration/delivery processes
- Understands complex workflows and develop validate innovative solutions to solve difficult problems
- Development of eCommerce and/or marketplace platforms preferred
- Experience with SaaS Billing, Finance, Rating, Provisioning and Reports development is a plus
- Experience in java basic technology system (including JVM, class loading mechanism, multithreading concurrency, IO, network) is a plus
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills preferred
Check us out with a free download: zoom.us/download
Zoom Video Communications is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status. Our combined differences are what make us Zoom!