As a Software Architect, you will hold a pivotal role in shaping the technological landscape for Global Views.
Your primary responsibilities encompass the following:
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to conduct thorough needs analysis and define comprehensive project scopes.
- Develop, maintain, and extend websites and applications, ensuring they adhere to best practices in software architecture.
- Design and optimize back-end databases, create SQL queries, and develop stored procedures to support specific applications.
- Take ownership of continuous maintenance, development, enhancement, and corrective fixes for all web-related applications.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and analysis of web applications, identifying opportunities for optimization and enhancement.
- Define and enforce architectural and technical parameters to ensure the application of sound web design principles.
The role of Software Architect demands a deep understanding of software architecture, web development principles, and database management. It offers an opportunity to have a significant impact on the technical direction of Global Views, contributing to the success of our online presence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Internal Website Maintenance (VB.NET, ASP, MVC):
- Perform or oversee updates and maintenance of the internal website.
- Ensure that the website remains current and responsive to user needs.
- Evaluate and optimize code written in VB.NET, ASP, and MVC.
- Verify compatibility across browsers, devices, and operating systems.
Desktop Application Maintenance (VB.NET, WinForms):
- Maintain and update the desktop application developed in VB.NET and WinForms.
- Implement improvements and bug fixes as required.
- Conduct code reviews and ensure code quality and performance.
Collaboration and Prioritization:
- Collaborate with management to prioritize project needs.
- Resolve conflicts and develop content criteria.
- Assist in selecting appropriate solutions for projects.
- Utilize logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses in solutions and approaches to problems.
- Provide documentation for website code, desktop application code, and their respective updates.
- Take responsibility for the deployment of applications.
Testing and Validation:
- Develop and validate test routines and schedules to ensure thorough testing.
- Perform website and desktop application tests according to planned schedules and after revisions.
Prototyping and Models:
- Create web models or prototypes, including physical, interface, logical, or data models.
- Maintain and support website and application databases, ensuring secure storage, transmission, encryption, and transactions.
- Work with VB.NET and WinForms for desktop application development.
- Adhere to PCI Compliance rules for data security.
- Use version/source control systems like TFS and Git.
Analytics and Reporting:
- Track and analyze website and application usage using tools such as Google Analytics.
- Assist in preparing project proposals.
- Plan and prioritize work items, create cost estimates, and project schedules.
- Manage project tasks and maintain communication with the project team.
- Attend weekly status meetings with department stakeholders and project teams to ensure successful project completion.
- Complete all other tasks assigned by the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Ongoing customization, development, and improvement of the internal website to support the release and deployment management framework.
- No current supervisory duties exist for this role.
- There is potential for future teaching and mentoring opportunities within the department as the company experiences growth.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education And / Or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience in web development with VB.NET, ASP, and MVC.
- Proficiency in desktop application development using VB.NET and WinForms.
- Demonstrated experience with database design and management.
- Prior experience in code optimization and performance enhancement.
- Familiarity with PCI Compliance rules for data security.
- Knowledge of version/source control systems, such as TFS and Git.
Language, Mathematical, And / Or Reasoning Ability
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as system operating instructions and procedure manuals is essential.
- Proficiency in generating routine written reports and correspondence is required.
- Effective verbal communication skills are necessary when interacting with employees within the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively within team activities to convey best-case scenarios and technical opportunities.
- Must be capable of discussing and debating technical options within a group setting.
- Proficiency in interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form is vital.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential for conveying technical concepts and solutions effectively.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn new technologies rapidly, reflecting a commitment to staying up-to-date in the field.
- Strong independent effort and attention to detail are required to ensure the accuracy and quality of work.
- Strong organizational, administrative, and planning skills are necessary to manage complex software development projects effectively.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Use hands and fingers to type, handle, or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- The employee is required to walk within the office environment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, the ability to adjust focus, and recognize colors.
- In the performance of the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate using email and telephone systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate.
- Work is primarily performed indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.