Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
As Social Media Strategist, you will be responsible for elevating Snowflake’s presence on social media and driving awareness of The Data Cloud through corporate social media channels and our employee advocacy platform (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Oktopost). You’ll execute a first-class social media strategy that shapes and enhances Snowflake's reputation, influences the narrative around AI/ML data-driven innovation for both Snowflake and our customers, and drives the company's success with key audiences.
In this role, you’ll report to the Global Social Media Lead as part of the Global Corporate Communications team. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including Public Relations, Developer Relations & Community, Demand Gen, Partner Marketing, Content Marketing, and HR to support a variety of campaigns and objectives. You’ll promote the Snowflake brand across all channel communications and distill social analytics into actionable insights to drive engagement. If you live and breath social media, are passionate about staying on top of the latest trends & tools, and are a quick thinker with a knack for distilling complex technical topics into compelling content, this is the opportunity for you!
AS SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST, YOU WILL:
- Execute and manage all Snowflake social channel conversation: content sourcing, copy creation, calendar and publishing cadence for key corporate channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and employee advocacy platform (Oktopost).
- Develop impactful campaigns in alignment with the Global Social Media Lead to level-up Snowflake social reach with a technical developer audience, while ensuring copy is on-brand, on-policy, accurate, and consistent with campaign goals.
- Track, analyze, report, and optimize social media performance to guide content decisions, improve overall presence, grow engagement, and deepen influencer relationships.
- Seek new ways to optimize channels and key influencers, including running pilots and tracking industry and competitive activity.
- Monitor social media day-to-day, help drive crisis response on social media channels as needed.
- Maintain best practice guides for corporate and individual channels.
- Stay up-to-date on AI/ML trends, new social media tools, platform updates, best practices, competitive activity, and influencers to bring strategic recommendations to identify untapped opportunities across existing and new channels.
- Coordinate with agencies and international staff to execute social media content around the world that resonates with regional audiences while accomplishing the business objectives of Snowflake.
OUR IDEAL SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST WILL HAVE:
- 4-5+ years of proven experience in social media management and content marketing in-house or at an agency.
- Familiarity with key technologies in cloud, data analytics, and/or AI/ML solutions.
- Experience reaching and engaging with developer communities, their preferences, and communication styles with the ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience is a plus.
- Expertise in various social media platforms across paid, earned, and owned channels, with a track record of developing successful campaigns that drive engagement and growth in alignment with company goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data, track KPIs, and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Expert project management skills including: the ability to meet deadlines, follow-through on assignments, handle multiple stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated personal initiative.
- A passion for social media both personally and professionally - is always thinking about the best platforms and formats for telling stories and showcasing a brand. Someone who lives and breathes social media to stay up-to-date on the latest tools and trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field.
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $113,000 - $152,200.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s bonus and equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.