Social Media Strategist
MegaFood seeks an expert Social Media Strategist (Paid + Organic) to build the brand’s social media presence and image as a innovative leader in connecting and engaging with consumers across social media platforms. The immediate opportunity is to strengthen the brand’s Social Strategy, Planning & Execution – which includes integrated planning, agile execution, content creation, performance analytics & reporting. Ultimately, the Social Media Strategist will drive deep engagement with our social audiences via breakthrough content that a) is uniquely relevant to their personal health and social/environmental values, b) elevates MegaFood’s brand proposition, and c) distinctly and cohesively builds a strong brand identity on social.
Social media is critical to personalizing the MegaFood brand, engaging our target consumers, and driving our mission. And we’ve barely begun to scratch the surface. Therefore, we need someone who can immediately deliver robust social programming through your expertise and fluency on social platforms, coupled with exceptional leadership skills and collaborative spirit; self-initiation and organization; analytical acumen; and creative, social-first storytelling.
The Social Media Strategist will be well supported: reporting directly to the Sr. Manager of Brand Marketing & Creative, embedded in collaborative workstreams with cross-functional stakeholders, and with high visibility to MegaFood’s executive leadership. You will also have much autonomy to lead and will be expected to take the reins and show immediate results and continuous improvement against our strategic initiatives and KPIs.
Essential Responsibilities across Paid & Organic Social
- Strategy: Develop & refine the brand’s Social Strategy & Playbook, based on target consumer insights, brand strategy & positioning, data-driven performance analysis, and social platform trends.
- Content Planning: As a brand with a deep purpose and unique point of view on human and planetary health, MegaFood has the potential for rich, social-first content and storytelling. Content Planning fits within two distinct workstreams:
- Integrated Planning: Work cross-functionally with the Integrated Marketing Manager and key channel stakeholders to weave annual and monthly social content plans into bigger integrated campaigns and activations.
- Agile Social-Only Planning: Jump on social trends and brand storytelling opportunities to optimize social performance with content that lives soley on MegaFood’s social platforms.
- Content Creation: Develop brand-building and engaging social-first content – including both copy & creative. Content will reflect the Social Strategy above to engage our target audiences & grow the brand’s social followers/fans across priority platforms.
- Some Content will be produced by our creative partners, requiring the Social Media Strategist’s prompt direction, reviews & approvals, as well as UGC.
- The Social Media Strategist will also need to produce high-quality content themselves to enable agility, production efficiency, and social-first assets.
- Management & Optimization: Execute social post scheduling & boosting – from daily organic posts to boosting, targeting, and optimizing paid posts.
- Analysis & Reporting: Lead social performance reports, underpinned by rigorous quantitative data analysis and qualitative social listening, to enable continuous improvement across content execution & planning, as well as paid strategy & targeting. Weekly reports will summarize each week’s Social performance and inform immediate content & paid optimizations. Quarterly reports will inform integrated monthly planning as well as actionable updates to the Social Strategy. Such reports give this role much visibility among cross-functional stakeholders, agency partners, and MegaFood’s Executive Leadership Team (especially the VP of Marketing).
- Brand Partnerships: Activate partnerships with like-minded brands that will grow our audience reach, reinforce MegaFood’s brand equity associations, and drive trial of our products.
Skills & Qualifications
- 4-7 years of relevant social media experience with a proven track record for success across the above essential responsibilities – ideally with a CPG brand or agency. i.e., You are ready to jump in the deep end to immediately lead MegaFood’s social media step-change – from strategy to planning, execution, content creation & reporting.
- Social Media fluency across multiple platforms, particularly Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok. i.e., You live and breathe social media a natural and personal forum for conversation and engagement.
- Ability to efficiently create breakthrough content – both original and adapted. i.e., You are a skilled Social copywriter and thrive on producing engaging visual assets for Social performance. This includes platform-native video, graphic, photography and UGC.
- Ability to lead cross-functionally, manage up, present plans and reports to senior leadership, and manage strong agency partnerships. i.e., You don’t default to a siloed workstream but rather drive maximum results through cultivating strong partnerships and collaborative teamwork.
- Maintain a positive growth mindset & professional disposition – even under pressure. i.e., You are constantly looking to improve performance and build team culture – and you have fun doing it!
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint), Asana, and various social management tools (e.g., Planoly, Iconosquare, SproutSocial, Brandwatch, Hootsuite, etc.) and content creation tools (e.g. Canva). Bonus: You are an expert in video creation tools (e.g., Animoto).
- Familiarity with the Vitamin, Mineral & Supplement (VMS) industry. Bonus: experience leading Social Media for another VMS brand.
- Passion for leveraging business as a force for good, and personally aligned to MegaFood’s mission to grow a healthy world for all. i.e., You are genuinely motivated to impact the health of people and planet, and you recognize an opportunity to live this every day through a job that shares your values. Bonus: experience working for B-Corp or other mission-driven brand.
- Ability to initiate and follow through on tasks & projects. i.e., You demonstrate exceptional prioritization, resource allocation, and stakeholder communication.
- Experience owning and managing budgets. MegaFood works with a variety of agencies and partners. The Social Media Strategist will manage all relevant accounts, as well as the Paid Social budget.
- Immediate experience managing community engagement is also a plus. i.e., You are able to promptly respond to comments and DMs on MegaFood’s social handles, as well as leverag social listening tools to engage in social conversations relevant to the brand and our mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Relevant areas of study - Marketing, Advertising, Media & Communications, Business, Journalism, Statistics.
We aspire to nurture a culture of inclusion that enables and encourages all of our employees to thrive.
Here are a few ways we do that:
- Eligibility for our benefits on your first day of employment
- Paid time off to pursue your passion through our volunteer program
- Annual wellness reimbursement, fitness challenges, and lots more to keep you healthy!
- Generous time off programs including vacation and personal time and paid parental leave
- Opportunity to work with passionate people, who care about our mission and each other!
- Competitive salary and incentives:
- Salary range: $90,000.00 -$120,000.00 plus annual incentive. This represents the base salary range for this role. Various elements are used to determine a candidate’s starting salary such as job experience, specific skills, etc. This information is provided to applicants in accordance with state and local laws.
MegaFood is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging. The collective sum of our individual differences, knowledge, life experiences, and unique talents, represents a significant part of our culture and is the foundation for our accomplishments and impact.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. We strive to create a supportive community where we all are comfortable and confident to be authentic, open and curious.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-216-0889 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.