Social Media Strategist
New York, NY
Gopuff is seeking a Social Media Strategist to serve as the owner and maker of all things content for Gopuff’s social media. You can do it all: plan upcoming social calendars across several teams and platforms, content scheduling, content ideation, content creation and editing, posting and community management. Ideas and implementing strategy come naturally to you, you’re excited by the idea of being on-the-go, being a creative juggernaut, and you’re ready to be on the ground floor to make Gopuff’s social media the best branded content on the internet.
Gopuff takes pride in creative problem solving and in-person collaborating to make quick and informed decisions. This role will have a hybrid work schedule, where you will be able to showcase your creativity and build strong relationships with teams in a cross functional manner three days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) in our Philadelphia, Boston, Aventura FL, or NYC hubs!
- [STRATEGIZE CONTENT] Gather ideas and information from our creators to plan our social calendar: you will be the big-picture thinker for this team. Organize and field inputs from stakeholders, creative, design teams to keep our social calendar filled. Brainstorm inventive content ideas topics that drive engagement and social AND biz KPIs across an assortment of brand priorities, like events, deliveries and products.
- [MAKE!] You’ll be creating video, static and written content across all of our active channels: TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and new and emerging social media channels. You’ll be tasked with posting and follow-up on social platforms, utilizing trends as they come and go, AS WELL AS developing our own trends and viral moments
- [OWN OUR SOCIAL VIS ID] Responsible for translating the GP master brand Vis ID into a social media Vis ID! This means ensuring our grids are beautiful, there’s visual consistency across assets, and developing specific project by project visual identities, including but not limited to (Business Development) partnerships, celebrity, creator brands and more
- [PUBLISH] Post the content you create using best practices & optimization tactics
- [COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT] Interact and engage with our community on our own posts, on other creator and brand accounts and more
- In your day-to-day, you will also:
- Create content to post across our channels on a daily basis
- Strategize and ideate content ideas and projects
- Coordinate content productions internally and with client teams
- Work with our Photography team to schedule (and help produce!) social media content shoots
- Post the content you make Report on your own work and use data and insights to drive the generation of ALL content & creative strategy
- Be on-the-go and travel as necessary to capture live social content IRL
- Be prepared, willing, excited and able to star in Gopuff’s content yourself!
You're a good fit if you:
- Consider yourself left-AND-right-brained: You are a true strategist and pride yourself on being logical, but also have a creative arm that you aren’t afraid to use!
- Are a passionate consumer of social: you know who’s doing it best
- Are organized and enjoy the details, and aren’t afraid to hand Understand Gopuff’s voice and social identityUnderstand the difference between organic and paid social!
- Are proficient in writing FOR social media (you know specs, native features, best practices, etc. that will improve the quality of the content)
- Use Canva to create content
- Can edit videos natively or in editing applications for IG Reels, TikTok and Youtube
- Are an insight-miner; someone who loves looking at data points to understand what flopped, what worked, and how to improve content next time
- Are proficient in a range of Adobe Creative Products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Animator, Final Pro, etc.) and photography - shooting and editing
- Have a strong attention to detail
- KNOW GEN-Z!!!
- Understand social media is a 24/7 environment and are ready to jump on an opportunity that makes sense for the brand at any time
- Are willing to jump in as necessary when a great opportunity arises
- Able to work non-standard hours when necessary, anticipating potential opportunities and workflow shifts to support Gopuff key initiatives and events
- Are great at juggling multiple projects and to-do’s at once!
Gopuff pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. The salary range below reflects what we’d reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role’s compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role. $83,600 - $132,000 USD annually
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.
We also offer:
- Gopuff employee discount
- Career growth opportunities
- Internal rewards programs
- Annual performance appraisal and bonus
- Equity program
Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.