Social Media Specialist
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
YETI is looking for a Social Media Specialist with a focus on International Social Media Management and Social Media Strategy. This person will split their time between managing the international social media accounts and overseeing campaign strategy for global product and brand campaigns.
This team member will be responsible for partnering with our international marketing partners to execute the YETI social media strategy in new emerging markets. The role will also be responsible for managing social media campaigns for new product launches and brand campaigns shared across our global social channels. This role will report to our Social Media Manager in Austin, TX.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Hybrid
- Source and curate the social media editorial calendar for YETI Europe Instagram and Facebook accounts, including global campaign content and copy aligned to the region
- Partner with international marketing managers to identify key product and brand storytelling moments across the channels
- Collaborate with YETI Community Marketing team to develop international ambassador stories, including image sourcing and copywriting
- Schedule and publish social media content within social media management tools and native social platforms
- Work with in-region photographers and marketing team members to capture event and ambassador content to curate content into compelling social media stories
- Develop monthly reporting for YETI international channels including social media KPIs and consumer feedback.
- Support research around social media trends and consumer social listening reports
- Work closely with Marketing Project Managers to develop campaign creative assets and guide creatives on social-first content through review and feedback
- Partner with the YETI customer service department to manage inbound 1:1 engagement with international consumer messages received on Instagram and Facebook
- Participate in social media team brainstorms on seasonal stories, brand campaigns, and product campaigns.
- Support product shipping to media, ambassadors, and social partners
- Stay informed of social media marketing trends and social channel capabilities as they rapidly evolve. Be proactive in informing the team of social media trends and opportunities that directly support the YETI social media strategy.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 0 - 2 years in social media or marketing experience
- Passion for social media – showcase a creative eye for image selection and copywriting
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter, ability to succeed in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Ability to collaborate with others and work in a team environment
- Moves with a sense of urgency and comfort with managing deadlines
- Passion for the outdoors and/or YETI pursuits a plus
US Workplace Approach:
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.